Winter Fuel Allowance

Started by GrannyMac, October 23, 2023, 07:48:33 AM

« previous - next »

Raven

klondike

It's a bit too rough to put to good use unless you have a coal fire. I'd rather they gave me £1 more and didn't bother with the letter.

The money turns up later.

JBR

My letter arrived just after midday.  £500.
Very welcome as, this afternoon, I went for a routine eye test and ordered a new pair of glasses...
which cost just about the same amount!

So I've got myself a free pair of glasses!  😂
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire

klondike

You can have a tooth out next year.

GrannyMac

Ours haven't arrived yet, but OH got three letters today from the NHS all identical, informing him of the appointment he booked for a scan.  They followed the three identical emails he got telling him to expect a letter. 😬
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

Michael Rolls

Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

Scrumpy

Quote from: GrannyMac on October 25, 2023, 10:48:37 PMOurs haven't arrived yet, but OH got three letters today from the NHS all identical, informing him of the appointment he booked for a scan.  They followed the three identical emails he got telling him to expect a letter. 😬

It's getting like buses.. Nothing.. Then three come along ..  :smiley:
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

GrannyMac

Quote from: Scrumpy on October 26, 2023, 07:52:20 AMIt's getting like buses.. Nothing.. Then three come along ..  :smiley:
😂😂

Alex

Mine came yesterday.  I wonder if they do it by NI numbers or alphabetically  ?

Which reminds me, where's Phil  ?

Scrumpy

I too wondered where Phil was.. 
I hope his little dog is ok.. I will give it a few more days and if he doesn't show I will text him..
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

GrannyMac

Alex

It's been a while since he logged on, I sent a PM but he wont see it unless he logs on DOH  !   Good idea to text Scrumps  :upvote:

Just checked and it was 14th October he was last on.

JBR

Quote from: Scrumpy on October 26, 2023, 07:52:20 AMIt's getting like buses.. Nothing.. Then three come along ..  :smiley:
I reckon it's because the NHS has three times as many pen-pushers as they need.
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire

morty

Mr M got his letter the other day ... I'm amazed the goverment haven't reneged on that extra allowance and dropped it back to the usual 200 quid they're such tight wads.

klondike

Just came across this in a story...

It comes as the DWP has stated 99% of eligible households have already received their winter £300 cost of living payment.

Well I'm part of the 1% at my last check. I do have the letter but Lidl said "on yer bike" when I tried to use it to pay. Anybody not part of the unlucky 1%?