Fireworks

Started by Alex, October 18, 2023, 11:41:44 AM

« previous - next »

Alex

Nearly that worrying time again, these 'no noise' fireworks are available from the Asda

Photo from FB

Cassandra

We have Halloween as a big thing here, I just reckon 'Guy Fawkes' relatives should. have another go at getting rid of Parliament and most of it's egotistical inmates.

I've probably just committed a 'Hate Crime'! :shocked:

My little Dog - A heartbeat at my feet ...

JBR

Quote from: Alex on October 18, 2023, 11:41:44 AMNearly that worrying time again, these 'no noise' fireworks are available from the Asda

Photo from FB

I can only hope that the more responsible people around here can consider these.
The yobs, of course, wouldn't look twice at them: they seem to enjoy big bangs and find them exciting.

We had a few loud bangs last night, with both cats running for cover from an imagined predator.

I wouldn't mind, but damn it, it is neither Halloween nor Plot Night.
I really think that sales of fireworks should only take place a day or two immediately before 5 November and also not afterwards.
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire

Raven

I hate Bonfire Night :angry: it's bad enough trying to keep Dageus calm but it's a whole different ball game trying to keep 2 huge Clydes calm. :1040:  Mark who is Dunc's horsie pal always comes over and they stay in the stable with the clydes, I stay with Dageus.
Thing is I used to love fireworks, Dageus is the first dog I've had who's bothered by them. :boo:
I like the look of those silent ones, but until the manufacturers can be made to only make silent ones then I'm afraid it will sadly continue.

Michael Rolls

when we were children, we had cats, none of whom liked the noise
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

JBR

Quote from: Raven on October 18, 2023, 04:56:17 PMI like the look of those silent ones, but until the manufacturers can be made to only make silent ones then I'm afraid it will sadly continue.
That is the only real solution.  Unfortunately, money talks.

Incidentally, it occurs to me that when (not if) our uninvited 'guests' begin to let off bombs, here there and everywhere, people might then find the loud exploding fireworks suddenly less appealing.
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire