Chicken Casserole

Started by Alex, October 09, 2023, 10:38:31 AM

« previous - next »

Alex

My gang came round yesterday and I made a chicken casserole, thinking it would be less work !  :smiley: I'm a beef stew kind of girl and I don't think you can beat a good beef stew, but DIL doesn't eat red meat, so Chicken it was.  I was disappointed with my efforts, although DIL and son were polite.

I used both breast and thighs, onion, carrot, potatoes, a chicken stock pot, salt and black pepper - I added douuble cream towards the end of cooking.   I think it was a bit tasteless, it needed bacon !

Anyone got a favourite recipe for this ?

klondike

What is the difference betwen a casserole and a stew? Aren't they both a random mix of meat veg and stock or a bag of mix bunged in a slow cooker?

Alex

Casserole is the posh word  :grin:

klondike

Ah I see. That must be why I don't have stew just casseroles.

Diasi

Quote from: Alex on October 09, 2023, 10:38:31 AMI used both breast and thighs, onion, carrot, potatoes, a chicken stock pot, salt and black pepper - I added douuble cream towards the end of cooking.  I think it was a bit tasteless, it needed bacon !

Anyone got a favourite recipe for this ?

I just used my hands when I cooked.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

GrannyMac

Took a moment!  😃🤣😄
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

Scrumpy

Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

Alex

Michael Rolls

I always use plenty of herbs in chicken casseroles. A very tasty alternative it us to use sauce Bolognaise as the base with the meat cut into bite size pieces (I actually use sliced cooked breast, as I am bone idle) plus mushrooms and onions and again herbs and a bit of garlic. Tasteless it isn't!
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

Alex

Yes, a Bolognese is tasty, I've always made that with beef, never thought of using chicken though.    On Sunday I wanted a creamy sauce, probably should have used more herbs than I did.

GrannyMac

Garlic is guaranteed to add flavour.
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

Alex

Yes that was something else I left out !

dextrous63

Touch of red wine.  Cornflour to thicken.

Alex

Quote from: dextrous63 on October 10, 2023, 08:39:45 PMTouch of red wine.  Cornflour to thicken.

I did use cornflour but red wine nah, didn't want a pink sauce  :grin:

Scrumpy

Well,... You won't be bringing that dish to the table again..
 Another one bites the dust.. :smiley:
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..