Dark Evenings

Started by Diasi, September 29, 2023, 08:04:03 PM

« previous - next »

JBR

Quote from: klondike on October 06, 2023, 10:59:32 AMIf I couldn't change the bulb I'd be wondering if it was worth having. Leave it as it is and when the bulb blows tough.
Yes, that's the easiest option, and it will also save me a few quid.
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire

klondike

I can't see anybody coming out to do any one-off job regardless how small for less than £80 these days.

Scrumpy

I was wondering if a call to Help the Aged might be a good idea..
They have volunteers in all areas 'I'm sure'.. Well, I don't know really.. I don't even know if there is still a 'Help the Aged'..   I was just sayin'..
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

GrannyMac

Help the Aged and Age Concern amalgamated some time ago, and come under the banner of Age UK. Lots of local branches and councils do have lists of handy people, tradesmen etc.  Perhaps worth a look.   I'm a member of our local Age UK. 

We are really fortunate, we know an old fashioned handyman/decorator.  He's put up fencing, replaced our loo, demolished and took away our shed, built a new gate etc. he also knows electricians, roofers etc, who are trusted.
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

Alex

I've got boiler cover with Domestic & General, I pay a fiver a month but I've never used it because they charge a £99 call out fee !  Luckily a fella I used to work with does small jobs and services the boiler for me - not included in D & G plan.

Anway he came this morning and says I need a '2 port motorized valve' replacing and it's a big job, only £80 odd for the part but about 4 hours labour !  So I rang D & G and an engineer is coming tomorrow, now do I tell him word for word what my plumber friend has said or pay dumb ? THe firm is in Knowsley.

Michael Rolls

Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]