Dark Evenings

Started by Diasi, September 29, 2023, 08:04:03 PM

« previous - next »

Diasi

I like the shorter days with dark evenings, does anyone else?
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

Sheila

No!  I don't like the cold either.

dextrous63

Sorry.  I prefer the other way round.  Tend to get a touch of SAD due to lack of daylight over the late autumn and winter months.

Raven

No I hate them. Also I'm starting to get nervous about Winter and ice. I'm terrified of falling again, had to scrape the car one morning this week before I could go to the pool, that's what started me off.

Ashy

Not really, and I think there's a case for double summer time.

Diasi

I quite like snow & ice on the roads as well, anyone can drive on a bone dry road, but snow & ice present a bit of a challenge.

Unfortunately we don't get much snow, or ice, in North Lincolnshire so I have to make the most of it when we do.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

Michael Rolls

don't long the long winter evenings, but the long summer evenings make up for them. A bit later - say November/December I'll have been reading, or watching a film or the like, see it is pitch black out, surely time for bed - and it's probably something like seven o'clock!
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

Alex

I hate the cold and I'm dreading winter again.  Dark evenings don't bother me as I rarely go out at night, much prefer a pub lunch

Scrumpy

I prefer light evenings... Dread the ice and snow.. 
I have a bag of grit sitting behind my hedge ready to put on the steps..  
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

dextrous63

Quote from: Scrumpy on September 30, 2023, 08:56:29 AMI prefer light evenings... Dread the ice and snow..
I have a bag of grit sitting behind my hedge ready to put on the steps.. 
I have a bag of sh*t behind my hedge ready to throw at a naked Megan Merkle in case she's ever dragged by😬

Scrumpy

Thanks for reminding me.. Just ordered mine on Prime..
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

GrannyMac

Quote from: Diasi on September 29, 2023, 08:55:45 PMI quite like snow & ice on the roads as well, anyone can drive on a bone dry road, but snow & ice present a bit of a challenge.

Unfortunately we don't get much snow, or ice, in North Lincolnshire so I have to make the most of it when we do.
You should swap with Raven for the winter! 😉

I prefer lighter evenings and sunny mornings. I don't mind the cold, but ice and snow? No ta.
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

JBR

I don't like them at all.
I have to keep adjusting the timer for the outside lights.
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire

Raven

Quote from: GrannyMac on September 30, 2023, 09:51:55 AMYou should swap with Raven for the winter! 😉

I prefer lighter evenings and sunny mornings. I don't mind the cold, but ice and snow? No ta.

He's welcome to swap winters with me anytime.  :smiley:  This was driving home from the pool last winter before my fall.

THEN, There's getting stuck behind huge lorries on the Berridale Braes, I was shaking with fear when I took this pic, as I had nowhere to go if they couldn't get going again and starting sliding back, it was sooooo steep and narrow on that hairpin.

dextrous63