Why ! Why ! Why!

Started by Scrumpy, September 29, 2023, 12:24:04 PM

« previous - next »

Cassandra

Quote from: Michael Rolls on September 30, 2023, 09:00:20 PMCassandra - great tale - loved it!

Thanks Mike. I don't think I ever had to restrain myself from bursting out with laughter more than in this case, especially when the jury in front of you are helplessly rolling in the benches with both questions and responses. The case was adjourned for half an hour, as one poor man with COPD had to recover with an oxygen bottle. Then another break, when the beak called us into his chambers admitting the real reason for the interstice was that he'd lost both pairs of his spectacles into cracks in the floor whilst trying to appear to be searching for fictional documents to hide the tears streaming down his face and that he had to get his 'dresser' go and buy two more pairs from a local optician.

I received many letters of appreciation as did my wonderful opponent who became a great friend in latter years ...
My little Dog - A heartbeat at my feet ...

Michael Rolls

one the 'nutter' spectrum:-

I am misunderstood
You are eccentric
He is as mad as a box of frogs
 :grin:  :grin:  :grin:
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

GrannyMac

Pensioners were arrested here because of the tree cutting protests!  One woman for blowing a toy trumpet.  Sheffield council didn't cover itself in glory when they decided to decimate the tree population in the city.  The tree lined streets are mainly in the affluent south west of the city, the residents were not happy.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-south-yorkshire-64863130#
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

Alex

klondike

Yes thanks for all your tales Cass. Always entertaining.

Scrumpy

I love the court stories that Cassandra chooses to tell us.. 
I'm am a giggler.. I wouldn't last long in court.. Far too serious for me..

October 01, 2023, 01:34:31 PM
Quote from: GrannyMac on October 01, 2023, 07:36:00 AMPensioners were arrested here because of the tree cutting protests!  One woman for blowing a toy trumpet.  Sheffield council didn't cover itself in glory when they decided to decimate the tree population in the city.  The tree lined streets are mainly in the affluent south west of the city, the residents were not happy.

The above would be funny if it were not sad..
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

Diasi

Quote from: GrannyMac on October 01, 2023, 07:36:00 AMPensioners were arrested here because of the tree cutting protests!  One woman for blowing a toy trumpet.  Sheffield council didn't cover itself in glory when they decided to decimate the tree population in the city.  The tree lined streets are mainly in the affluent south west of the city, the residents were not happy.
The same thing was done in the centre of Plymouth a bit back.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

Cassandra

Thanks everyone, my father (who had a darkly sardonic wit) knew the circus judge in question very well, who was on the point of retiring at the time of our little joust. He apparently used to recount it in his later career as a very successful after dinner speaker, which is where Dad learnt of his son's activities, on behalf of the Hoods.

"Should have been a publican or an actor, never an advocate" he used to muse apparently, "but the almighty deemed otherwise, a punishment upon me for a previous life it seems".

I remember shaving him very near to his death. He took my hand and said, "I'm so lucky you were my boy, it's really all been such fun". I tidied up his shaving case, not wanting him to see my tears, when I turned round he'd entered a coma and 30 minutes later was gone. I was the told by his friends how he'd follow my appearances with great mirth, sometimes arriving in the public gallery in disguise, so I didn't spot him. I was indeed very lucky to have such a tolerant and understanding man at my side.

Michael Rolls

Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

Alex

What a lovely memory to have of your Dad' s last words - not lovely but you know what I mean Cass.
I didn't get to speak to my Dad.

Scrumpy

You are very lucky indeed Cassandra.. 
I never met my dad.. He ran off with an usherette.. way back..
Guess he was dazzled by the light from her torch  ..
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

Alex

Sounds a bit like my ex Scrumpy  :grin:

GrannyMac

Mine had a heart attack one morning after I'd left the house. He was getting ready for work. I got a strong work ethic from both my parents. I'd like him to have met my children. 
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

Cassandra

Quote from: Scrumpy on October 02, 2023, 10:20:48 AMYou are very lucky indeed Cassandra..
I never met my dad.. He ran off with an usherette.. way back..
Guess he was dazzled by the light from her torch  ..

A flashlight flimsy indeed. My old man was wonderful, his unassuming sense of timing was so perfect. Very much like John Le Mesurier - he'd have made a great Sgt Wilson too!