reality check

Started by Michael Rolls, October 01, 2023, 12:51:03 PM

« previous - next »

Michael Rolls

letter from a lady in the readers' column a few days ago.
Sir
I am a 77 year old widow. I have a gas boiler which works faultlessly. I drive a 10 year old petrol engined car. Car anyone explain to me how I am supposed to find the thousands of pounds to replace either, not alone both?

And there must be many, many people - and not all of them in the same situation, threatened with financial ruin by these bloody stupid policies, imposed by those who can afford them upon those who cannot?
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

Diasi

This is what intrigues me when probably 90 % of the population won't be able to afford a £40,000 EV & a £20,000 heat pump.

Of course people will have to make do with public transport, & those below pension age will have to go on the dole in areas where there isn't any, & people can just heat one room with small one bar electric fire.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

Scrumpy

My old Puegeot meets the ULEZ emissions standard.. 
My gas boiler is in good nick and has a yearly service..
If I am forced to replace the boiler I will find the lowest re-payment.. interest free.. Failing that, I will tie myself to the boiler... and start a Go Fund Me .. which seems to be the  'In thing' at the moment..
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..