Why ! Why ! Why!

Started by Scrumpy, September 29, 2023, 12:24:04 PM

« previous - next »

Scrumpy

Why would anyone get pleasure in flooring a 300 year old Sycamore tree ..?
This beautiful tree had been standing at Sycamore Gap .. along Hadrian's Wall.. for 300 years.. She was beautiful... Many visitors have photographed her and she has appeared in films..  
 My heart was saddened by this news.. 
A sixteen year old being questioned.. I reckon there will be more arrests.. This cruel yob will not take the rap on their own.. The public are horrified.. They will have to go into hiding.. I bet their parents are so disappointed... I certainly would be if it was any child of mine..
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

Ashy

They probably want the land for a wind farm.

Alex

This is so sad, but a 16 year old boy would not be able to tackle this job or leave a clean cut, make white paint marking etc etc..  This was done professionally, but as Scrumpy asks WHY ?

Poem by Paul Tavernor

GrannyMac

Lovely poem Alex. 

Why anyone would cut the tree down is beyond me! 
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

JBR

Quote from: GrannyMac on September 29, 2023, 01:10:53 PMLovely poem Alex.

Why anyone would cut the tree down is beyond me!
Many young people these days have little sense and even less responsibility.

I'm sure that he can't have done this idiotic deed on his own.  Hopefully, now that he has been arrested and may be informed that if he refuses to identify anyone else involved that he will carry the can, he may well spill the beans.

Hopefully, he and any others involved will be punished accordingly.
Unfortunately, the courts these days don't seem to take much interest in punishment, so I fully expect some sort of apologetic statement on the matter.
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire

Diasi

It's sad beyond words & all started with that buck-toothed tosser Rantzen who created Childline which enabled children to do whatever they wanted with zero comeback.

If you told a child off they were straight onto Childline, with some fictitious allegations, who passed the kids's complaint onto the social services who then gave the parents a grilling.

This was followed by a raft of legislation that removed all forms of corporal punishment, followed by further legislation that banned any non-corporal punishment that could cause the child emotional stress such being made to sit on a 'naughty step'.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

Cassandra

Quote from: Diasi on September 29, 2023, 04:41:24 PMIt's sad beyond words & all started with that buck-toothed tosser Rantzen who created Childline which enabled children to do whatever they wanted with zero comeback.

If you told a child off they were straight onto Childline, with some fictitious allegations, who passed the kids's complaint onto the social services who then gave the parents a grilling.

This was followed by a raft of legislation that removed all forms of corporal punishment, followed by further legislation that banned any non-corporal punishment that could cause the child emotional stress such being made to sit on a 'naughty step'.

Probably a 'sick' parent hoping to dodge whatever weak woke judgement might be handed down by blaming his son (16). I'd birch the brat and give him three years - pity 'hard labour' equates to 'hook bill' Khan and others these days!

No doubt the brat was thrilled to receive 'likes' on his cretinous media channels!
My little Dog - A heartbeat at my feet ...

Diasi

Quote from: Cassandra on September 29, 2023, 05:29:11 PMProbably a 'sick' parent hoping to dodge whatever weak woke judgement might be handed down by blaming his son (16). I'd birch the brat and give him three years - pity 'hard labour' equates to 'hook bill' Khan and others these days!

No doubt the brat was thrilled to receive 'likes' on his cretinous media channels!
I'm just weary of even trying to work out why such things are done, I don't understand modern life & I don't really want to understand it.

Before I moved away with my work I'd always lived in a small village near to Chesterfield which was a mining area with tough men doing tough jobs & everyone knew who you were.

Misbehave & you got a clout from a neighbour, then a clout when you got home.

My Dad always said that he knew a couple of lads who were birched but he didn't know anyone who'd been birched twice.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

Michael Rolls

Childline - bloody idiotic idea - Victoria and her friends - about 11 or so at the time - used to phone it with all sorts of fictitious rubbish. Can't remember how we found out, but when we did we put a stip ti it.
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

Scrumpy

Childline was a good idea .. There are children out there who have no-one to help them in their misery..
But other kids used it to dictate to their parents and get their own way.. brats.
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

klondike

I wonder if the reason will ever be known. I must sat that my first thought when I saw the picture was that it didn't look like something an unaided 16 year old could have done.

dextrous63

Cassandra.. what's the maximum punishment that could be meted out to the little twerp?

klondike

I'm betting it won't be much. I can't see it can be anything other than criminal damage and I doubt that has much in the way of a punishment attached. Waiting on Cass too....

Alex

I think Childline was a good idea too, it's a pity the organisation was abused by teenagers with no sense.

JBR

Quote from: Diasi on September 29, 2023, 04:41:24 PMIt's sad beyond words & all started with that buck-toothed tosser Rantzen who created Childline which enabled children to do whatever they wanted with zero comeback.

Absolutely.
I have seen such changes, of course.
As a child, if I behaved irresponsibly at school, I'd be given a severe warning.  Then if I continued to misbehave I received a clout round the back of my head or, for more serious things, a caning on my hand or my backside.
That very effectively explained to me not to do such a thing again, at least for several days or more.

Today, the most you can do at school is to give the child a telling off.  If that doesn't work, not allowed out at playtime, or sent to the head (who was also severely limited as to his/her actions).  You could have a word with parents if offences were repeatedly occurring, but of course those sort of kids take after their parents who almost undoubtedly behaved just like their children when they were that age.

I am absolutely convinced that today's bad behaviour of both children and adults is a result of the trendy modern idea of avoiding any form of physical punishment on the grounds that it is inhuman.
We can all see the results of this.

The really sad thing is that those in power these days cannot see the obvious solution to the problem.
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire