German Farmers

Started by Alex, January 11, 2024, 06:22:26 PM

« previous - next »

Diasi

Quote from: JBR on January 19, 2024, 07:01:29 PMTo be honest, I don't know much about farming.  I'm sure that there must still be farmers working in the UK, though it surprises me that they are not following so many other would-be workers who, it seems, choose not to bother to work but simply to go on the dole.

That's not correct, it's a downright lie peddled by politicians & the media to support & justify the mass influx of immigrants & gull those who don't know how farming works.

The landwork, pre 2004, when Blair opened the EU floodgates, was done by generations of British families but the Eastern gangs came in & took over.

By cramming 10 workers in a caravan & paying them £2 an hour the Eastern gang masters could undercut the prices charged by Brit gang masters who had to pay the going hourly rate so the farmers went with the Easterns.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

klondike

Take a drive betweenn towns. What do you see a lot of? 
Fields. 
Regardless of what is in those fields it means there is a farmer.

JBR

Quote from: klondike on January 20, 2024, 10:30:28 AMTake a drive betweenn towns. What do you see a lot of?
Fields.
Regardless of what is in those fields it means there is a farmer.
Or a lot of Pikeys.
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire

Raven

No pikeys here in this area, but a good lot of farmers, who work hard. I know this to be true as I live with one.

muddy

When 
Quote from: Raven on January 15, 2024, 06:11:33 PMI've not been on a train in years, I simply can't trust them to be running, or be able to get a seat I paid through the nose for, they strike at the drop of a hat and far too often.
I'm sad to say I'll never be on one again. I last 
I don't blame you I last went on a train last year .
lit cost me over £100 off peak from Wiltshire to London .
The straight through train was anything but I had to change several times due to cancilations .
coming back they cancelled my train half an hour before it was due to go had to scramble for a round about route .
we were all squashed together like sardines but I must say everyone was quite cheerful and accepted  it as norm .

JBR

Quote from: muddy on January 30, 2024, 10:51:49 AMWhen I don't blame you I last went on a train last year .
lit cost me over £100 off peak from Wiltshire to London .
The straight through train was anything but I had to change several times due to cancilations .
coming back they cancelled my train half an hour before it was due to go had to scramble for a round about route .
we were all squashed together like sardines but I must say everyone was quite cheerful and accepted  it as norm .
I'd welcome the closure of most of our railway system.
As has been said, it is expensive, unreliable and uncompetitive.  I find travelling by road which, if you avoid rush hours, is usually fairly convenient.
It wouldn't surprise me if more and more people decided to forget trains and make use of coaches to travel.  We were going to do the same to get to Folkestone to get to a cruise ship for our holidays this year, until we realised that the deal included organised travel by road anyway.

To make matters worse, the train drivers who are striking are very well paid for simply sitting in a cab and looking out for signals.  Their greed will, I hope, result in their undoing when train services are permanently reduced.  I'm sure they'll be out in the streets protesting about closures then.
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire

muddy

I ( used to ) love travelling by train it's a very civil es way to travel .
The trains in Spain are great and very reasonably priced .

klondike

Unfortunately the ones here are crap and outrageously priced.

Michael Rolls

in the last 20 years I have twice travelled by train - the overnight sleeper from Perth when my sister was dying in London. Have no expectation of ever using one again.
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

ansu

In Spain the public means of transportation are very cheap and good. However, sometimes the service of the bus drivers could be better. They only help you with the suitcases when you ask them and they aren't very happy about it. 
When going on holidays I mainly book a coach trip, but if you want to travel in a comfortable coach you must invest some money. With Corona and the wars in the Ukraine and in Israel the prices increased considerably. 

muddy

Never been on a bus in Spain

Have traveled with National express here in the U.K.

Not all their drivers are Mr Charm either .