Community Crime Initiatives

Started by Diasi, September 12, 2023, 07:27:43 AM

« previous - next »

Diasi

It seem that the locals in the New Forest area have had to set up their own initiatives to deal with all the low level crime that the police won't tackle.

Of course, the article, & some ex-female copper who's on a crime think tank, totally belittle their efforts by calling them vigilantes & other disparaging remarks.

https://tinyurl.com/228f4uxd
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

Michael Rolls

Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

Alex

" Despite this success, since I became home secretary " she says !!!!!  What success ?
"Robbery and vehicle theft down by 51% since 2010,". REALLY  ?  :rolleyes:

klondike

It got a mention on last night's Farage.

I suspect if people knew their neighbours these days it would spread. As so many don't even know their neighbour's language though it maybe won't.

I think the success relates to convincing the public that it isn't even worth reporting most crime.

Raven

Quote from: Diasi on September 12, 2023, 07:27:43 AMIt seem that the locals in the New Forest area have had to set up their own initiatives to deal with all the low level crime that the police won't tackle.

Of course, the article, & some ex-female copper who's on a crime think tank, totally belittle their efforts by calling them vigilantes & other disparaging remarks.

https://tinyurl.com/228f4uxd

If I were in that initiatives group I'd be getting right in touch with the paper who wrote the article from the police woman, as a reply article tearing herself and the rest of the police to pieces. Reminding them that if they did their jobs properly there would be no need for locals to take matters into their own hands. So it's their own damn fault the group was set up in the first place. :evil:  :evil:

Diasi

Quote from: klondike on September 12, 2023, 07:48:47 AMIt got a mention on last night's Farage.

I suspect if people knew their neighbours these days it would spread. As so many don't even know their neighbour's language though it maybe won't.

I think the success relates to convincing the public that it isn't even worth reporting most crime.
Indeed, it is the sort of initiative that's suited to the New Forest or Chilterns type of areas.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

Scrumpy

I haven't seen a policeman in yonks .. We used to have a friendly one that would stroll around the area.. he was well respected and people knew him by his first name..
I've seen a police car.. I think it was cruising along the Gatwick road.. probably looking for a place to eat..

I was in the queue at Greggs a few weeks back .. All of a sudden a guy strolled in, had a look in the chiller cabinet and then strolled out with a sandwich.. The assistant shouted out  'Oy you.. what do you think you are doing'!!  Nobody in the queue moved.. The assistant shrugged her shoulders and said ' That's always happening'
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..