army food

Started by Michael Rolls, September 10, 2023, 04:46:08 PM

« previous - next »

Michael Rolls

there have been a few letters in the Telegraph recently about folk's experience of army food, some good, some bad, but this one really made my laugh. The writing serving on manoeuvres as a newly commissioned second lieutenant, was orderly officer - went to the mess tent and asked if there were any complaints. A squaddie piped up 'yes, sir the foods awful. The cat wouldn't eat it.' Exhibiting initiative, the writer borrowed the cookhouse cat, put the plate before her and watched smugly as she ate it. 'There you are - she loves it.' Long pause, then the squaddie responded 'yes sir, but look where she's licking herself to take away the taste!'
The writer beat a hasty retreat
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

klondike

GrannyMac

Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

Diasi

:upvote: :grin: :grin: :grin:

I don't suppose it's worth me sending this one to the Telegraph, although everyone must have heard it.

The officer-in-charge lined the men up & wanted to know who called the cook a twat, so one of the men asked for permission to speak & when it was granted he said he wanted to know who called the twat a cook.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

Michael Rolls

Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

klondike