Vet Bills.

Started by Raven, September 07, 2023, 06:57:14 AM

« previous - next »

Diasi

Quote from: GrannyMac on September 22, 2023, 06:48:01 PMI hope you get some positive news.  I can imagine its hard when there's no one to share with at home.
Thanks GM.

I think most people benefit from having a second opinion on things & what I find the hardest is not having the instant input from my wife when situations occur.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

dextrous63

Thinking of you at this continuing difficult time Diasi.

One thing that did raise my eyebrow was that your vet said the scan would be expensive.  Surely that's only if (s)he decides to charge so much??🤷🏻�♂️

Diasi

Quote from: dextrous63 on September 23, 2023, 09:00:41 AMThinking of you at this continuing difficult time Diasi.

One thing that did raise my eyebrow was that your vet said the scan would be expensive.  Surely that's only if (s)he decides to charge so much??🤷🏻�♂️
Thanks dextrous.

I think in the past the vets have done procedures without quoting the cost & the clients have been unable to pay as there are notices saying that all costs have to be paid on collection of the animal.

It must be difficult for someone who can't pay & has to go without tests or treatment for their pet.

I can only imagine the guilt I'd feel if that ever happened to me.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

Diasi

Well our Yorkie is back to how she was a couple of weeks ago before she suddenly stopped eating.

I've come to the conclusion that she probably lost one of the few remaining teeth which caused eating to be painful as she returned to normal just as quickly as she went downhill.

She's now eating her meals but we've changed her diet from the kibbles to soft food which we still put on a plate instead of her bowl.

Why the vet didn't check this as a cause is a mystery, however, the fact that he went down the blood test route did flag up her heart problem, for which she now has tablets, & the recommendation for her to have renal support food & supplements.
[email protected]

Scrumpy

That is good to hear.. Teeth can cause many problems.. 
 I am so pleased for you.. 
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

Diasi

Quote from: Scrumpy on September 27, 2023, 09:19:02 AMThat is good to hear.. Teeth can cause many problems..
 I am so pleased for you..
Thanks, she has a heart scan tomorrow to check exactly what's what.
[email protected]

Michael Rolls

so glad she is improving, Phil
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

dextrous63

So glad that she (and let's face it, you too Phil) is having a better quality of life now.

Diasi

Quote from: Michael Rolls on September 27, 2023, 09:26:51 AMso glad she is improving, Phil
Quote from: dextrous63 on September 27, 2023, 09:32:48 AMSo glad that she (and let's face it, you too Phil) is having a better quality of life now.
Thanks both of you.

It certainly has improved how I am feeling.
[email protected]

Alex

So glad to hear your pal is back to her old self Phil,  :upvote:

Diasi

[email protected]

Cassandra

Good news Phil, scan over at least treatment ca be determined going forward.

M
My little Dog - A heartbeat at my feet ...

Diasi

She's had her echo cardiogram today & her heart isn't very good & it's having to work harder than it should so the vet thinks we're looking at a case of months with her.
[email protected]

Cassandra

Quote from: Diasi on September 28, 2023, 11:07:24 AMShe's had her echo cardiogram today & her heart isn't very good & it's having to work harder than it should so the vet thinks we're looking at a case of months with her.

Oh dear Phil, my commiserations. I've had the same news a few times, with my little friends of all sorts over the years. Sad times, I'm sure you'll make the most of your time together. No matter how sad parting is, their wonderful memories and devotion, eventually surpass the sorrow of parting ...

M
My little Dog - A heartbeat at my feet ...

Alex

Phil I'm so sorry to read this about your little one.  Been there myself too and it's heartbreaking, for you more so with the connection to your wife.  Don't know what else to say really, but as the majority of us are animal lovers, just know we're all here for you.

Then again, you never know, she may surprise everyone - including the vet !