Teacher Escapes Conviction

Started by Alex, August 26, 2023, 07:34:39 AM

« previous - next »

Alex

You probably remember this case from last year.  When there is clear video evidence plus the testimony of two vets, how can this woman not be convicted ?  She accuses the RSPCA decision to prosecute her as 'political '

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12445473/Primary-school-teacher-39-not-guilty-animal-cruelty-footage-showed-punching-kicking-horse.html

Raven

Yes I do remember it, I saw the article yesterday and I simply don't understand why animal abuse cases seem to either get off or just a wrist slap.
As I've said on many occasions......Punishment should fit the crime, by law. What they did to the animal will be done to them. Plenty of people would step up to inflict it.

Diasi

The trial was at Lincoln Crown Court so there's a good chance that the Jury members were the typical Lincolnshire in-bred hunt supporters.

In cases like this, with clear video evidence, I don't think there should even be a trial, the courts should just impose a sentence.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

Scrumpy

Just proves that your postcode counts for a lot..
What a fine example to set to the children she teaches.. 
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

Diasi

Quote from: Scrumpy on August 26, 2023, 08:49:49 AMJust proves that your postcode counts for a lot..
What a fine example to set to the children she teaches..
Or children she taught as she was sacked virtually immediately it was on social media.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

JBR

Just one more example of how in this country there seem to be few consequences for criminal activities.

I haven't see any figures, but I wonder whether crime in this country has been increasing in numbers.
On the other hand, those figures might well be distorted as so many crimes are no longer even followed up these days, so not much even goes on the records.

Crime pays in broken Britain.
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire