Ulez Scam Revealed.

Started by Diasi, August 20, 2023, 08:07:31 AM

« previous - next »

Diasi

Ulez has been shown to be a revenue generating scam, with grubby little Khan suppressing the evidence that shows these zones do very little in reducing London's air pollution.

I have no doubt that data that doesn't support man-made climate change get's suppressed as well.

https://tinyurl.com/2p8tc4er
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

Alex

I guess it doesn't matter how many dodgy e mails are revealed, this Ulez scheme will go ahead and will spread.  It's a pretty safe bet Khan will be re- elected too, giving the population now living in London.   

I understand though a couple of councils in London are refusing to put up signage, so if motorists are fined, they can obtain refunds.

Michael Rolls

The Welsh assembly has also come up with a daft idea - blanket 20mph in built up areas. No argument where this is already in place near schools, etc, but everywhere else? It will increase pollution, increase everybody's commuting time, lead to more congestion. The I here of these idiotic ideas, I think the first qualification to be a politician is to have one's brain removed.
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

Diasi

Quote from: Alex on August 20, 2023, 09:01:01 AMI guess it doesn't matter how many dodgy e mails are revealed, this Ulez scheme will go ahead and will spread.  It's a pretty safe bet Khan will be re- elected too, giving the population now living in London. 

I understand though a couple of councils in London are refusing to put up signage, so if motorists are fined, they can obtain refunds.
I agree, I'll be pleasantly surprised if I live to see another white Brit as Mayor of London.

August 20, 2023, 09:22:12 AM
Quote from: Michael Rolls on August 20, 2023, 09:10:47 AMThe Welsh assembly has also come up with a daft idea - blanket 20mph in built up areas. No argument where this is already in place near schools, etc, but everywhere else? It will increase pollution, increase everybody's commuting time, lead to more congestion. The I here of these idiotic ideas, I think the first qualification to be a politician is to have one's brain removed.
The 20 mph zones are all about generating revenue as it's extremely difficult to drive at 20 mph without looking at the speedometer all the time.

I'll have to see if our Peugeot 307's speed limiter will work at 20 mph as the car will have to be in 3rd gear & I think it only works in 4th & 5th gears.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

Alex

I've just seen a photo on FB of a new Ulez camera put up in a cul- de- sac somewhere in Essex  :wtf:

Diasi

Quote from: Diasi on August 20, 2023, 09:11:26 AMI agree, I'll be pleasantly surprised if I live to see another white Brit as Mayor of London.

August 20, 2023, 09:22:12 AMThe 20 mph zones are all about generating revenue as it's extremely difficult to drive at 20 mph without looking at the speedometer all the time.

I'll have to see if our Peugeot 307's speed limiter will work at 20 mph as the car will have to be in 3rd gear & I think it only works in 4th & 5th gears.
I've just done a test & the speed limiter will limit the car to 20 mph in every gear so I assume it will work at any speed in any gear.

Unsurprisingly, the cruise control only works at 30 mph + in 4th & 5th  gears.
[email protected]

Michael Rolls

I've only driven autos for a while - but I never drover a manual happy in top at 20 mph
[email protected]

klondike

It might be less in Scotland of course. Krankie was considering a bloke walking in front with a red flag. Not sure if the new Supremo is going to bring that in or not,

Michael Rolls

don't like - and never use - speed limiters - they're dangerous if you need to accelerate in an emergency. Du use cruise control on motorways (yet to drive on a motorway this year!) as it can be over-ridden
[email protected]