She passed..

Started by Scrumpy, August 12, 2023, 12:53:28 PM

« previous - next »

Scrumpy

My next car will be a flip top.. That way my escape plan will be through the roof..
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

Michael Rolls

Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

Diasi

Quote from: Michael Rolls on August 27, 2023, 12:20:28 PM>>. Which? categorised a car as being "too wide" if its width leaves less than 22cm between the car and the bay.<<
22cm? bloody hell how many can get through 8.66 inches? I've checked with a house door - impossible and that's without outdoor clothing
I've just done a test with a house door wedged with a gap of 22 cm & I got through, albeit sideways, & then I realised that the gap included the door handle.

However, I couldn't do it with my smartphone in my back pocket as it could have damaged the screen.

I've also done it wearing my outdoor jacket & that was a tight squeeze but I got through with the phone in my jacket pocket.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

Scrumpy

:grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:
Something tells me that you are bored Diasi...

Raven

This new rule today makes London a no go area for so many people, not everyone can afford to buy a newer car. I keep waiting for Scotland to follow their daft ideas. I love my old car and couldn't afford to change it to a much younger one, she's a great old bus and doesn't let me down, lots of the big 4x4s are older cars 04/05 and not just up here. £12.50 is a lot of money each day just for having an older car,and living in any borough in London.
I don't believe it will make all that much difference anyway, just freeing up the roads for the rich.  :boo:

klondike

Most actually living in London boroughs are well off and will have compliant vehicles. The zone has been extended and it's people living in rural counties surrounding Greater London who work in the extended area that will be hit as well as those actually living in the extended area. It is probably a forerunner of what will get rolled out nationally.

Michael Rolls

and it's a bloody disgrace = but what can you expect from that leech Khan? Winder if he's a descendent of Genghis?
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

Scrumpy

A lot of cars are passing the the ULEZ emissions test.. I think diesel might struggle..  It is down as far a Sutton now.. and Reigate have notices up that ULEZ is on it's way.. 

klondike

Older diesels are the biggest group of failures. Most were probably bought initially because the Labour government at the time were encouraging a switch to diesel to reduce CO₂

klondike

Found on Twitter. May be genuine may not.

Diasi

Quote from: Scrumpy on August 28, 2023, 09:52:40 AM:grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:
Something tells me that you are bored Diasi...
Yes, I'm bored most days at the moment, but it was a challenge as well.  :grin:
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]