She passed..

Started by Scrumpy, August 12, 2023, 12:53:28 PM

« previous - next »

Raven

It's more down to bad manners if somebody parks right up to your drive gates. It was drummed into me when I was learning to drive that you MUST be a yard from the drive so the drive cars can get in and out easily.

JBR

Quote from: Raven on August 25, 2023, 10:47:22 AMIt's more down to bad manners if somebody parks right up to your drive gates. It was drummed into me when I was learning to drive that you MUST be a yard from the drive so the drive cars can get in and out easily.
It is well overdue now that our councils and, God help us, our government created laws or rules to prevent this selfish behaviour.

I had always thought that obstruction of people entering or leaving their property should be an illegal activity.
Surely, it wouldn't take a great deal of effort, followed by protracted court cases, to impose legally enforceable penalties to anyone who blocks someone's right of access (and egress) to their property.
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire

Michael Rolls

The Mondeo, whilst fairly large, is by no means the biggest car around, yet is longer than many of the parking bays around here. At 6' 2" wide, in most bays even I park slap dab in the middle, if someone parks next to me even if they are also in the middle, I can't open my door fully, which with my bad back is literally a pain
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

Scrumpy

Quote from: Alex on August 25, 2023, 10:36:18 AMSame here Scrumps with my Fiesta.  Sometimes it's hard to get my door open too, they certainly are inconsiderate

And we are not getting any thinner..  :smiley: :smiley: so it gets harder..
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

Alex

Quote from: Scrumpy on August 25, 2023, 12:23:35 PMAnd we are not getting any thinner..  :smiley: :smiley: so it gets harder..

It's the knees that won't bend properly  :grin:

klondike

Nothing bends properly  :sad:

GrannyMac

Quote from: Michael Rolls on August 25, 2023, 11:09:17 AMThe Mondeo, whilst fairly large, is by no means the biggest car around, yet is longer than many of the parking bays around here. At 6' 2" wide, in most bays even I park slap dab in the middle, if someone parks next to me even if they are also in the middle, I can't open my door fully, which with my bad back is literally a pain
My daughter in law usually drives their bigger car, end bay every time! 
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

Michael Rolls

I try for that bay, but there's always some miserable sod there already!
[email protected]

Alex

Yep, the end bay is the solution but as Mike says it's always taken.  I end up having to push my seat back to get my leg out  :yell:

Raven

Quote from: Michael Rolls on August 26, 2023, 04:39:57 AMI try for that bay, but there's always some miserable sod there already!

I thought you had a blue badge Mike.

Scrumpy

The end bay.. !!  Why?  
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

klondike

No car next to the drivers door

I avoid car parks with tight parking spots. I've found that as well as being cheap Lidl stores are mostly newbuilds and have sensible parking spaces.

Michael Rolls

Quote from: Raven on August 26, 2023, 07:36:26 AMI thought you had a blue badge Mike.
No. Veronica did, but not me
[email protected]

Alex

Quote from: Scrumpy on August 26, 2023, 08:59:09 AMThe end bay.. !!  Why? 

Because you've only got another car on one side of you

Raven

If I'm parking at the beach or the park I always try to park at the end of the space (no bays) so as no other car can get up the drivers side of my car, I need to be able to get the door full open for getting back in, it's still quite a struggle sometimes.  :cry: