Karen's.

Started by Raven, August 24, 2023, 10:52:41 AM

« previous - next »

Raven

Actually I believe its an Amercian thing, and as usual the UK just has to jump on the bandwagon.

Usually we say Scunner or Nyaff. Certainly in the far north anyway. :grin: I have a friend called Karen and I think she would hit the roof if anyone implied it to be anything other than her birth name, and I don't blame her or any other Karens either.

Michael Rolls

Around Surrey, the derogatory name was Sharon
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

Alex

The phrase 'Plain Jane ' didn't bother the couple of Jane s I know ,  but today's world is so different and being 'offended' seems to be part of the norm.

klondike

Quote from: Michael Rolls on August 25, 2023, 11:18:43 AMAround Surrey, the derogatory name was Sharon
There have been several women's names used with abusive intent. Most rude uses of men's names seem to imply limp wristedness. Not sure if that persists in the woke modern world though.

Raven

Quote from: Alex on August 25, 2023, 11:30:59 AMThe phrase 'Plain Jane ' didn't bother the couple of Jane s I know ,  but today's world is so different and being 'offended' seems to be part of the norm.

True, but I think anyone called Karen has a right to feel offended in these type of inferments.

Scrumpy

Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

Michael Rolls

I'd forgotten that one!
[email protected]

Alex

Cassandra

I once asked a witness, what a 'Tracy' was.

"A woman chav your 'lordship'" he replied, "usually wot has stamps on its body, innit".
My little Dog - A heartbeat at my feet ...

klondike

GrannyMac

Quote from: Cassandra on August 25, 2023, 02:46:31 PMI once asked a witness, what a 'Tracy' was.

"A woman chav your 'lordship'" he replied, "usually wot has stamps on its body, innit".

Did he swear daaahn too?😉. Loving the 'stamps'.😄

A Karen would be considered privileged, a bit of a difference to a Sharon or Tracy.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Karen_(slang)#:~:text=Karen%20is%20a%20pejorative%20term,to%20demand%20their%20own%20way%22.
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

Cassandra

A 'Karen', obviously intelligent once responded to the clerk. "Ooh I don't believe in gawd" as a response to being 'sworn in'.

"Would you like to affirm then", she was politely asked.

"Nah I can't do that niver, ya ave to pay more tax that way."

I took a time break, whilst the prosecution council advised her what was going on!

When the UK Gov is accused of 'dumbing down' it doesn't have far to go these days ...
My little Dog - A heartbeat at my feet ...

Michael Rolls

rock bottom is within reach!
[email protected]

klondike

I reckon we are close to mining....