She passed..

Started by Scrumpy, August 12, 2023, 12:53:28 PM

« previous - next »

Scrumpy

My lovely old Peugeot  passed the Ulez  emissions standard..  :yahoo:

There is a notice in my town saying that ULEZ could soon be operating here..
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

Michael Rolls

Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

Diasi

Quote from: Scrumpy on August 12, 2023, 12:53:28 PMMy lovely old Peugeot  passed the Ulez  emissions standard..  :yahoo:

There is a notice in my town saying that ULEZ could soon be operating here..
That's good, our 2007 Peugeot 307 shows as ULEZ compliant.

Did you have to get an actual emissions test done?
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

klondike

I think it's mostly diesels that fail. Those from when the Blair government were pressing everybody tp get them to save the planet from deadly CO2 as they give so much better mileage. The sort of car the poor buy now as diesels are cheaper to run all round.

https://totalcarcheck.co.uk/ULEZ-Check will show which vehicles are ULEZ compliant along with lots of other stuff

Diasi

I wondered if Scrumpy had an actual emissions test done since she said it had passed which indicates a test. 
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

klondike

I've never heard of one other than the emissions portion of an MOT. It's just based on what standards were met when manufactured although lots of German cars had fiddled certification with their engine management programmed to detect test procedures and behave differently in use than they did in tests.

Many of those cars had their software remapped to actually work as they were certified to. My son had a high performance Merc that came back from a service where that was done that had its high performance destroyed. Lots of people are claiming compensation because the resale values of their cars suffered as a result of this sort of thing.

Scrumpy

Quote from: Diasi on August 12, 2023, 10:08:14 PMI wondered if Scrumpy had an actual emissions test done since she said it had passed which indicates a test.
No..  Sorry about the wording.. Just checked registration number online..

Diasi

Quote from: Scrumpy on August 13, 2023, 09:28:18 AMNo..  Sorry about the wording.. Just checked registration number online..
Thanks, that clears it up as the Govt checker shows all petrol Peugeots post Jan 2000 as being compliant.

I just wondered if it was another Khan scam where people thought their car was compliant, only to find out it wasn't after an emissions test.
[email protected]

Raven

No way ours would, both big diesel 4x4s and no intention of going electric either. Next ones will be petrol though as that DPF they now have on the newer diesels is a bloody nightmare.  :angry:

klondike

I think it's only an issue on high mileage or if it never gets hot enough to burn the crud off. Lots of the taxis around here are Prius hybrids.

Raven

Yes low mileage is our problem I always make sure I take the dog for a walk away along the North Coast towards Durness at least once a week but sometimes it's not enough and the light comes on, THEN, it's 3rd gear at 60 down the A9......bloody annoying to say the least.  :yell:

Scrumpy

Why do 4x4s park next to me in the car park !!! .. It's a bugger when trying to get out.. They block all vision..

klondike

I think it's because you have a small car and they are wide as well as tall and plenty of car parks have tight bays. They don't want to risk a ticket for parking on a line now do they?

Diasi

Quote from: Scrumpy on August 25, 2023, 08:14:38 AMWhy do 4x4s park next to me in the car park !!! .. It's a bugger when trying to get out.. They block all vision..
I have the same problem when our neighbours park one of their massive SUVs right up to our drive, I have to rely on inching out very slowly & hope that any unseen vehicles will see me before I'm able to see them.

I'm already on the side of the Tyre Extinguishers.
[email protected]

Alex

Quote from: Scrumpy on August 25, 2023, 08:14:38 AMWhy do 4x4s park next to me in the car park !!! .. It's a bugger when trying to get out.. They block all vision..

Same here Scrumps with my Fiesta.  Sometimes it's hard to get my door open too, they certainly are inconsiderate