Thank you very much..

Started by Scrumpy, August 02, 2023, 06:32:01 PM

« previous - next »

Scrumpy

Thank you very much...

Message from OVO energy today..

Great news- the wholesale cost of energy is going down.. This means your current monthly payment is more than your energy cost. And by the end of your billing period, we think it is likely you'll have a positive balance in your account..

Your monthly Direct Debit payments will decrease from 198 to 108..
We're also going to refund some of the credit in your energy account.
You'll get a refund of 790 pounds within 10 working days....

I listened to what was said on here and sent a reading in every month.. 
I was very careful when using my heating.. as were others.. 
I know it is my money .. but..  It's it's all very nice..
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

Alex

Nice little windfall - even though it is your own money  :upvote:

klondike

That £198 was a bit of a stinger.

Before all this kicked off I was paying £82 iirc. and that was producing a positive balance over the year. This winter I swapped over to only heating part of the house and to a lower level and was paying £135. I've recently reduced that to £95.

I'm still paying more for less usage and can't say I think it's very nice at all.

Diasi

We pay for precisely the amount of energy we use, not a penny more nor a penny less.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

klondike

I prefer to pay the same each month even though for much of the year I'm bankrolling the power company.

GrannyMac

Me too. OH feels the cold badly, his circulation isn't great, so our heating costs are above average.  It's meant being careful, but the government payments of £65 a month helped as did the extra heating allowance for pensioners. 

Now they're coming back down, I prefer to overpay to build up a nice cushion for the winter.

Treat yourself Scrumpy, thats a nice surprise! 😁
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

Scrumpy

It has worked out well.. I have glasses to pay for.. 
They can be damned expensive by the time to pay for tinted .. scratch protection..
I have two pair.. Reading and distance..
Mind you I don't miss much when I don't wear them..
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

GrannyMac

I save money by wearing varifocals. 😉  
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

klondike

Trouble is they are dearer than individual distance and reading. Especially if you can make do with off the shelf reading which typically cost less than a tenner.

I just got some varifocals from Specsavers they do buy one get one free but you have to pay for coatings on the second pair. I wanted my second pair to be polarised lenses. Cost was £360 iirc. Getting the pair as distance only which I did before was around £150 iirc. I don't bother with reading glasses except for close up work and can't use the varifocals using a screen. I'll probably revert to just distance next time.

Alex

I miss my varifocals.  Since I had my cats done, I only need specs for close up which means in the supermarket I can't see labels properly without 'readers'.  Varifocals were so useful, no faffing about changinng specs.  :upvote:

klondike

I guess that's the reason I'm not impressed. I don't need a strong prescription for either and mostly don't wear glasses apart from for driving, I could pass the numberplate at 20 meters with none. I like the polarised for fishing and my son persuaded me to get varifocals for close up fiddling about.