Hotel.. !!

Started by Scrumpy, August 02, 2023, 11:22:45 AM

« previous - next »

Scrumpy

Bibby Stockholm...
Still not good enough for those that invade our shores.. Fire hazzard..
All these  'Do gooders'  will block any move the government make concerning these people.. 
The British tax payer is footing all these bloody bills costing MILLIONS..
We have no choice.. 
ASK US... what we want to do.. ASK US where we want our taxes to go.. 
Just ASK US... 

I reckon the hotel will become a spectacular nesting area for many birds.. Now, that is something I can deal with..
  The only trouble they give us is nicking our food and plopping on our heads... 
Wait a minute.. Them illegals are already doing something like that !!  :boo: :nooo:
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

JBR

They'll never ask us.

All we can do is to vote wisely.  That would send a very clear message.
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire

Alex

We'll never get everyone to vote Reform ! people will just think it's a wasted vote as in my last local election.  Labour won and Reform got 700 votes, including mine.

JBR

Quote from: Alex on August 02, 2023, 12:39:44 PMWe'll never get everyone to vote Reform ! people will just think it's a wasted vote as in my last local election.  Labour won and Reform got 700 votes, including mine.
Yes, of course.  Most people never seem to learn.
Perhaps they actually like Labour, or is it perhaps because their dads always voted Labour?

klondike

Every voter has had first past the post for all their lives.

The choices have been Labour Conservative or if you are pissed off Liberal (now LibDem). I read that the SDP finally gave up when they got less votes than the Monster Raving Loonies somewhere.

The LibDems blotted their copy books with both left and right in the coalition and were almost wiped out. Then they upset Brexiteers. The only place for a Tory protest vote in the minds of most will be Labour and there is certainly plenty to protest about.

Will Labour voters be put off by how woke they seem to have become - likely not as they have not been in power for years. Nobody has seen just how and they haven't said how they will deal with (say) the dinghy boys or legal inward migration. Everybody knows how the Tories deal with both (pretty much open doors). There's a shedload of votes going Labour's way right there for sure quite apart from the huge tax burden, tanking economy and high inflation. Not to mention the failing Police, NHS and just about any other pubic service you care to mention.

Now I cannot reward the Tories with my vote as they have been just too abysmal and I don't trust they can improve. Certainly not in time for the next election. At least not enough for my vote but they could retain some.

Will I vote Labour then? Not a cat in hell's chance as I have seen far too many disastrous Labour governments in my time. The snag is a sizeable chunk of the electorate either haven't, can't remember, or think (hope?) things will be better next time.

So I'll vote Reform. There will be far too few who will join me. Most regard them as no better than the Monster Raving Loonies. Certainly they only have similar electoral prospects.

Scrumpy

I have always been a Conservative voter.. They have let me down..
I will not vote Labour.. I too will vote Reform.
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

Ruthio

Can you describe Reform in a few sentences; who leads it and what they believe in and what their aims are?

Alex

Diasi

Of course, as a paying member of Reform I'll certainly be voting for them.

Depressingly, I do realise that it's highly unlikely they'll get anywhere, but at least it will give the right to tell those who don't vote for reform to stop whining when things continue to spiral out of control.

Only Reform voters will have the right to complain because the others will have got exactly what they voted for.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

klondike

Of course, as a paying member of Reform

While you still have a bank account anyway  :grin:

Ruthio

JBR

Quote from: klondike on August 02, 2023, 02:54:08 PMWill Labour voters be put off by how woke they seem to have become - likely not as they have not been in power for years. Nobody has seen just how and they haven't said how they will deal with (say) the dinghy boys or legal inward migration. Everybody knows how the Tories deal with both (pretty much open doors). There's a shedload of votes going Labour's way right there for sure quite apart from the huge tax burden, tanking economy and high inflation. Not to mention the failing Police, NHS and just about any other pubic service you care to mention.
You're quite right.
Our young people have never lived under Labour beyond childhood, so have no idea of their past performance.
It is, of course, possible that they'll pipe up about solving the illegal immigration problem, but you and I know better.

You and others here are quite right about Reform.  Many will regard them as having no chance.

On the other hand, when I read readers' comments in the Telegraph (and elsewhere), it seems that many people are now claiming their support for Reform.

To be honest, the thinking man (and woman of course) can see that the Tories, Labour and LimpDems are going to do nothing but further damage to this sad country.