Too right

Started by klondike, July 30, 2023, 08:58:03 AM

« previous - next »

klondike

Other Politicians Can Only Dream of Having the Influence of Nigel Farage, Says Top German Paper

Nigel Farage has a unique ability to steer British politics that other political parties "could only dream of", says a German newspaper giving an outsider's perspective of the Brexit leader's sudden and apparently effective attack on increasingly woke banking culture.

Be it the European Union, the migrant crisis, or now banking, Nigel Farage has repeatedly been able to make headline news out of topics establishment voices would rather want buried. Revealing last month he was being debanked by the British financial industry — his longstanding bank was cancelling his accounts for nakedly political reasons, and ten other UK banks he'd approached also refused to give him accounts — Mr Farage has led a rapid assault and appears to have got real results.

Now German broadsheet Die Welt gives its own view on the whirlwind month of claims, counter-claims, leaks, hostile briefings, and finally an emerging victory for the seasoned campaigner, reflecting that while Nigel Farage may be officially retired from frontline politics, nevertheless "he continues to dominate the debates. This was recently shown when he forced a powerful bank boss to resign."

https://www.breitbart.com/europe/2023/07/29/other-politicians-can-only-dream-of-having-the-influence-of-nigel-farage-says-top-german-paper/

Alex

Pity he never got to be an MP

Scrumpy

This guy has much to say.. Fairly wealthy..
  What does he actually do..?
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

Alex

Quote from: Scrumpy on July 30, 2023, 11:11:49 AMThis guy has much to say.. Fairly wealthy..

He presents a nightly show at 7pm on GB News, he's Chairman of Reform Party, and I suppose you could also say a campaigner

JBR

Quote from: Scrumpy on July 30, 2023, 11:11:49 AMThis guy has much to say.. Fairly wealthy..
He was an MEP and in that position he stood up for our (UK) interests.
Although we were always in the minority in the EU, he was sufficiently forthright whilst remaining within the rules, to get his points across.
The impression I get is that the rest of the EU representatives didn't much like him because, unlike some, he didn't sit meekly by and simply accept all of their rulings.

Now we are supposedly out of the EU (yet seem to be obliged to abide by some of their rules - fishing areas, ECHR, etc.) he continues to support our interests in the UK.
Unlike many other politicians of all parties, he supports our interests above those of our EU opponents, who resent our leaving their complete control and, consequently, do all they can to make things difficult for us.

Ideally, I'd like to see him taking a full part of, or even lead, a future government by Reform UK.  Unfortunately, that would require a majority of voters to elect them, and sadly the majority of voters don't have the courage to do that!
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire

Sheila

I think that Richard Tice is chairman.  Nigel Farage was a founder.

Alex

Sorry got his title wrong, Nigel is President of Reform and was a co founder.  :upvote: