ULEZ

Started by Michael Rolls, July 29, 2023, 06:42:28 AM

« previous - next »

Michael Rolls

so the High Court has backed the wretched Kahn's war on motorists and from 31/8/23 the whole of the GLC with be covered by this stupid idea.
OK, doesn't affect me - I'm 500 miles away, the Mondeo is complaint and the likelihood of me driving into such a zone - even when, as doubtless they will, expand to other cities (unless Perth and Dundee follow suit) is nil. But it isn't just folk living in the GLC whom this affects. Areas like Epsom an Ewell in Surrey - and similar areas on the fringes will also be affected if they drive into the GLC area for any reason.
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

klondike

It's mostly diesels from the time the government of the time were urging people to drive them to save the planet than fail. Plus petrols that have outlasted 2 generations of electrics.

Diasi

Our 2007 Peugeot 307 shows as compliant but I certainly won't be driving to that shithole just to test it out.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

Scrumpy

There you go !!  It is working already.. Keeping motorist out of London..  :grin:
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

Ashy

These city mayors have too much power concentrated in one pair of hands. This seems to be the American way but we never did things like this here.

The Greater London Assembly can only question and criticise the mayor. They rejected his budget for this year but he implemented it anyway. They constatntly criticise him on matters of public safety and he ignores them. The public actually rejected his ULEZ plan and he ignored them too. The judicial review was about the public consultation (not whether a ULEZ is actually legal or within the mayor's powers) and here the judge found it adequate as consultation.

This is worrying because nobody knows what the little swine will do next.

Alex

Why was this important decision down to one judge, surely it should have been decided by a sentence of judges ?  I was going to put a gaggle of judges (sorry Cass :grin: ) but low and behold there is a collective noun for judges.  See I learn summat every day on here  :yay:

JBR

This problem is the result of the majority of Londonistaners voting for Khan't.

It is nobody else's problem but those people's.  They get what they deserve.  Don't even muslims drive?
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire

Diasi

Quote from: JBR on July 29, 2023, 11:35:04 AMDon't even muslims drive?
Yes, but only after they get a fraudulent licence after an imposter takes the test for them.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

Alex

A good point was made this morning on Talk radio, why haven't the unions kicked off about this ? The people affected will be mostly working class and people who can't afford a new car. 

JBR

Quote from: Diasi on July 29, 2023, 11:41:36 AMYes, but only after they get a fraudulent licence after an imposter takes the test for them.
Good idea.  If you're not on the system, how can they bill you for driving through Londonistan.

That's an idea.  False number plates?

July 29, 2023, 12:01:08 PM
Quote from: Alex on July 29, 2023, 12:00:05 PMA good point was made this morning on Talk radio, why haven't the unions kicked off about this ? The people affected will be mostly working class and people who can't afford a new car. 
They're probably all on strike anyway, so what more can they do?  🙄

Diasi

Quote from: JBR on July 29, 2023, 12:00:23 PMGood idea.  If you're not on the system, how can they bill you for driving through Londonistan.

That's an idea.  False number plates?

July 29, 2023, 12:01:08 PMThey're probably all on strike anyway, so what more can they do?  🙄
That's why there's been a surge in number plate cloning.
[email protected]

Ashy

Quote from: JBR on July 29, 2023, 11:35:04 AMThis problem is the result of the majority of Londonistaners voting for Khan't.

It is nobody else's problem but those people's.  They get what they deserve.  Don't even muslims drive?
The conservative party have put up weak candidates. They might have been good mayors but they were poor candidates.

JBR

Quote from: Ashy on July 29, 2023, 12:58:43 PMThe conservative party have put up weak candidates. They might have been good mayors but they were poor candidates.

Poor candidates?  Why, because they're white? 🤣

Ashy

Quote from: JBR on July 29, 2023, 02:33:23 PMPoor candidates?  Why, because they're white? 🤣
They weren't all white. Zac Goldsmith was from eastern european stock, Shaun Bailey was west indian. They just didn't have the zing. Maybe a bit too young.

Diasi

The present hook-nosed Mayor would look more at home sat in a desert tent in a remake of Lawrence of Arabia.
[email protected]