Farage's first scalp - NatWest CEO resigns

Started by klondike, July 26, 2023, 08:07:27 AM

« previous - next »

klondike

What anybody thinks is irrelevant. If the rules permit the pension to be forfeit on dismissal for gross misconduct then it should be forfeit. I suspect there is no such rule though. From what I read she has spent her entire working life with NatWest so there is no other pension.

Whatever pension she gets has already been paid into a pension pot. We won't be paying any more other than state pension once she is eligible for that.

Diasi

There's now a public outcry about her £5 million pay-off &, as I said I felt yesterday, there's considerable anger, including among financial commentators, that she was allowed to resign & wasn't sacked.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

klondike

It's a shareholder meeting today. Perhaps they'll demand she be dismissed instead. She certainly should have been.

The public outcry will help but the public, as always, have no power other than to vote with their feet and move their accounts away from the NatWest group and make a public fuss. Considering the way the share price has tanked this probably isn't a good time to sell - that would have been earlier.

Diasi

Quote from: klondike on July 28, 2023, 09:05:42 AMIt's a shareholder meeting today. Perhaps they'll demand she be dismissed instead. She certainly should have been.

The public outcry will help but the public, as always, have no power other than to vote with their feet and move their accounts away from the NatWest group and make a public fuss. Considering the way the share price has tanked this probably isn't a good time to sell - that would have been earlier.
I would hope the fact the the UK taxpayers are the largest shareholder, at 38% ownership, would give some clout to the views of the public who are the UK taxpayers & therefore the shareholders.

I could well be posting another rendition of Queen later today.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

klondike

You appear to be under the misapprehension that the government give a flying fig what the public think on something that will be largely forgotten by the time the election comes. More specifically what the little people think.

JBR

Quote from: klondike on July 28, 2023, 09:05:42 AMIt's a shareholder meeting today. Perhaps they'll demand she be dismissed instead. She certainly should have been.

The new head of the board has stated quite clearly that he has no intentions of resigning (Telegraph today).

Perhaps as more and more people continue to withdraw their money from NatWest and Coutts, they might think again.
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire

Alex

Are people actually withdrawing their millions from Coutts ?

klondike

I doubt it. Swapping bank accounts these days is supposedly painless but I doubt that it is trusted by most. Too much hassle on a point of principal. You can get a couple of hundred quid or more to switch but most don't. I don't for one. I did open an additional account but the one that accepts all my money in and pays my DDs is still the old one.

Diasi

Quote from: klondike on July 28, 2023, 10:37:52 AMYou appear to be under the misapprehension that the government give a flying fig what the public think on something that will be largely forgotten by the time the election comes. More specifically what the little people think.
It all depends on the swell of media attention against them.
[email protected]

klondike

I reckon there probably won't be more resignations and it will quieten down.

It amused me to read that a political party set up by Gina Miller was debanked but that was largely her own fault. The bank she was with will not accept accounts with any political party and she apparently hadn't declared it as being one. I think I read that Reclaim was having problems finding a banker.

Cassandra

The remainer woke establishment elite, have a lot to answer too. The hugely overdue decision to offer Nigel Farage his banking facilities back demonstrates the level of control the 'Stasi' currently have. They just couldn't, until two of them had walked the plank to un-damageable wealth bring themselves to adhere the first principal of a mistake - leave e victim unaltered. I believe a full 'Royal Commission should be ordered against the FCA, but could probably give you the sane result now! The whole system is either gangrenous or at least green with exposure to such toxic ideal.
My little Dog - A heartbeat at my feet ...