Farage's first scalp - NatWest CEO resigns

Started by klondike, July 26, 2023, 08:07:27 AM

« previous - next »

Diasi

Quote from: Scrumpy on July 26, 2023, 06:48:24 PMIt amazes me how people in high powered jobs, after making a big cock- up, can resign.. Some walk away with big pay-offs and equally big pensions as if they did a superb job whilst at their post.
This applies to those in government too..
It matters not to them.. they just retire early..
And are replaced by another who can go on to continue the cock-ups..

Meanwhile, the average Joe gets sacked for some small mistake.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

Scrumpy

Quote from: klondike on July 26, 2023, 07:33:39 PMYou can safely leave your first £85,000 with them as it is covered by the government banking guarantee. Just make sure the rest goes to other organisations to a maximum £85,000 each but I expect you've done that already.
Sorted.. :grin: :grin:
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

Diasi

"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

Michael Rolls

Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

klondike

Farage wanted the whole board but I suspect that won't happen.
There is one more NatWest head honcho apparently. Maybe it will be three maybe not but I can't see it realistically being more.

A woman I recognise as a BBC News presenter, Emily Maitlis, but who is reported as ex-BBC is bad mouthing Farage suggesting he is making one hell of a fuss over nothing. I wonder what her attitude would have been had they closed her mate Hew Edward's account so he couldn't carry on hiring rent boys.

Diasi

I see that the waste-of space Alison Rose will get a £multi-million pay-off.

She shouldn't have been allowed to resign, she should have been sacked for gross misconduct & forfeited her pension rights.

[email protected]

klondike

Certainly she should have been sacked and get no severance pay but I'm pretty much certain that her pension will be a pot in her name that has been built up over the years and it wouldn't be possible to claw it back.

Diasi

Quote from: klondike on July 27, 2023, 07:12:39 PMCertainly she should have been sacked and get no severance pay but I'm pretty much certain that her pension will be a pot in her name that has been built up over the years and it wouldn't be possible to claw it back.
I was a Civil Servant & I could have forfeited my pension for gross misconduct. 
[email protected]

Cassandra

Nearly a Billion down on the share pice in a week.

Latest exciting results for the 'Dame'

Historical daily share price chart and data for NatWest Group since 2007 adjusted for splits and dividends.

The latest closing stock price for NatWest Group as of July 26, 2023 is 6.36.

The all-time high NatWest Group stock closing price was 97.51 on October 31, 2007 (prior to the 'Sub Prime' whizz bang crash).

Labour's Rachel Reeves thinks her performance since her appt in September 2019 was very good and that she was bullied by Tory Ministers etc etc etc. 'Bullied', a self confessed corporate liar, well done Rachel, I really look forward to watching the UK economy soar under your wisdom of choice to get the right people in the top places!

My little Dog - A heartbeat at my feet ...

Diasi

"Bullied", the new word for being told off for gross misconduct.

I still say she should be prosecuted under the data protection legislation.
[email protected]

klondike

Quote from: Diasi on July 27, 2023, 07:19:35 PMI was a Civil Servant & I could have forfeited my pension for gross misconduct.
She wasn't though. It all depends on the terms. I doubt that civil service pensions involve any pot building any more than old age pension does and private pensions would have to.

Alex

I bet if Sheila when working at her bank had divulged personal details to someone outside the bank, she would have been dismissed and no lump sum or pension. 

I can't believe this woman is being given 4 million for making a cock up !

Diasi

Quote from: klondike on July 27, 2023, 07:46:14 PMShe wasn't though. It all depends on the terms. I doubt that civil service pensions involve any pot building any more than old age pension does and private pensions would have to.
Of course I built up a pension pot, I wasn't given it for nowt.

Our pay rises were decided by a review body & the Civil Service then reduced the pay award by 6% to cover the pension contribution.

By doing it that way it saved the administrative expense of paying the full award & then taking the 6% pension payment back.

Also police officers can lose their pension rights under some circumstances.
[email protected]

klondike

She isn't a police officer either. I doubt that in the private sector being sacked can remove pension rights.

Diasi

Quote from: klondike on July 27, 2023, 08:09:26 PMShe isn't a police officer either. I doubt that in the private sector being sacked can remove pension rights.
So it shows that private pensions are better than the public pensions if you can commit gross misconduct & still get your pension.

However, in this case the taxpayer owns 38% of Nat West & will be paying 38% of her Nat West pension.

I'm not saying she should lose any pension pot other than what she accrued with Nat West.
[email protected]