Farage's first scalp - NatWest CEO resigns

Started by klondike, July 26, 2023, 08:07:27 AM

« previous - next »

klondike

NatWest boss Dame Alison Rose quits after Nigel Farage bank account leak

Information supposedly about Nigel Farage's bank account was leaked to the BBC.NatWest boss Dame Alison Rose has quit the banking giant after admitting being the source of an inaccurate BBC story about Nigel Farage's finances.

Dame Alison had earlier admitted she made a "serious error of judgement" when discussing Farage's relationship with private bank Coutts, which is owned by NatWest Group, with a BBC journalist. However, NatWest chairman Sir Howard Davies had said she had the "full confidence" of the board.

But that apperars to have changed after Chancellor Jeremy Hunt expressed "serious concerns" over Dame Alison's conduct. It came after she met Hunt as well as Downing Street officials.

Now, in the early hours of Wednesday, Sir Howard issued a statement saying the chief executive had left her position. He said: "The Board and Alison Rose have agreed, by mutual consent, that she will step down as CEO of the NatWest Group.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/politics/1795183/NatWest-boss-Dame-Alison-Rose-quits

Score one to Nigel but he's after the whole board. He might nail them too  :grin:

Another example of Go woke Go Broke. Is the kickback starting?

Diasi

The smug bitch should to lose her peerage as well & face a prosecution under the data protection laws.

Anyone who thinks about crossing the bloke who wiped the floor with the EU political machine must be plain stupid.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

Alex

klondike

Nigel Farage says Alison Rose's resignation is a 'start' – but 'whole board needs to go'

Nigel Farage said Dame Alison Rose's resignation as the CEO of NatWest "had to happen".

Nigel Farage has said the resignation of NatWest CEO Dame Alison Rose is a "start", but added the entire board must quit too after publicising their "untrue" statement of support for her just hours earlier.

On his GB News show last night, Mr Farage demanded that Alison Rose, Peter Flavel and Howard Davies must all quit their roles in the Coutts scandal.

This morning he goes further, saying all members of the NatWest board "backed that statement that was put out at 17.42 yesterday".

He added: "Anybody that backed that behaviour, should be gone."

The statement said the Board had "full confidence in Ms Rose as CEO of the bank".

However, hours later they reconvened after it emerged Jeremy Hunt himself had "significant concerns" about her remaining in post.

The NatWest statement yesterday afternoon said Dame Alison: "Has proved, over the last four years to be an outstanding leader of the institution, as demonstrated by our results.

"The Board, therefore, believes it is clearly in the interest of all the bank's shareholders and customers that she continues in post."

The swift resignation of Dame Alison just hours later, however, has led to Mr Farage calling the statement "totally unsustainable and untrue".

https://www.express.co.uk/news/politics/1795195/Nigel-Farage-reaction-Alison-Rose-resignation

:grin: :grin: :grin: Go for it Nigel. Make the buggers pay. Hope he sues them too.

July 26, 2023, 09:02:16 AM
Quote from: Alex on July 26, 2023, 08:50:48 AMI bet she's got a bliddy good pension !
Might even be better than Brian's

Sheila

I worked for a bank for 19 years and I still wouldn't break a confidence about a customer.  Confidentiality is ingrained in staff.

Jacqueline

Good riddance, at her level how could she be so arrogant as to discuss a clients financial affair with a BBC person, think that was OK and she could get away with it? 

Client confidentiality is a basic in any organisation that holds your data and personal information, the woman needs to go back to the shop floor and learn from those who she probably considers beneath her.

To think she was also Snakey Sunack's advisor, no wonder we have such a useless government. 

JBR

Quote from: Jacqueline on July 26, 2023, 11:00:48 AMGood riddance, at her level how could she be so arrogant as to discuss a clients financial affair with a BBC person, think that was OK and she could get away with it?

Client confidentiality is a basic in any organisation that holds your data and personal information, the woman needs to go back to the shop floor and learn from those who she probably considers beneath her.

To think she was also Snakey Sunack's advisor, no wonder we have such a useless government.
I agree.  She deserves what she gets, and the rest of them involved do too.

Next, I'd like to see some scalps being taken at the biased BBC as well.  The best thing that could happen is that a future government (if we are lucky enough to get one which works) will get rid of the compulsory TV licence.  The BBC should be forced to compete with all the other stations, and also stop paying ridiculous fees to some of their presenters.
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire

Raven

IMO, The banks get away with far too much, :nooo: I'm glad she's out and I agree that the rest should follow. Other banks should take heed. :waiting:  The public are starting to argue back, we have had enough of their nonsense. They are there to serve us NOT tell us what we can and can't do. :sad:

Michael Rolls

Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

klondike

It just keeps getting better....

NatWest plummets to bottom of FTSE 100 with £850m wiped off value after Nigel Farage row

NatWest has seen £850million wiped off its value since Nigel Farage called for the whole board to go.

NatWest - the high street bank embroiled in the Nigel Farage "debanking" scandal - is reeling today after its chief executive quit in the early hours of Wednesday morning, having released a statement on Tuesday night in a vain attempt to hang on to her lucrative post. Now the bank's shares have plummeted three percent, knocking hundreds of millions of pounds off the value of the company.

Dame Alison Rose and the NatWest board agreed to her departure "by mutual consent" this morning, however, Mr Farage has called for the whole board to lose their jobs over the scandal.

Dame Alison's resignation came following an astounding intervention by the Chancellor and the PM, who expressed "significant concerns" about the behaviour of the bank, 38.6 percent owned by the taxpayer.

This comes as Andrew Griffith, the City minister, warned other banks about "woke" culture at a virtual summit. Each of them has signed up to "non-discrimination based on lawful freedom of expression".

https://www.express.co.uk/news/politics/1795416/natwest-share-price-ftse100

Paraphrasing what I read or heard elsewhere about a comment in the NatWest document on Farage that he may try to use his position to attack the  bank - they must have been mad to try to take on the bloke who cooked the EU goose

July 26, 2023, 04:04:06 PM

Humiliated Alison Rose sacked from two major Downing Street roles

Humiliated Alison Rose sacked from two major Downing Street roles
Dame Alison Rose has been sacked from two key advisory roles in Government following her overnight resignation from NatWest.

The now-former CEO of NatWest has suffered yet more career setbacks this morning, as the Government confirms she's been ditched as a top advisor.

Dame Alison Rose had been appointed to an Energy Efficiency Taskforce within the Net Zero department in February and as a member of the PM's Business Council just last week.

The Express understands she's now been let go from both positions.

A No. 10 spokesperson said: "Following her resignation as CEO of NatWest Group, the Government has confirmed that Dame Alison Rose is no longer a member of the Prime Minister's Business Council."

Separately, a spokesperson for the Department for Net Zero has told the Express: "Following the news overnight, the Secretary of State has asked Dame Alison Rose to step down from her roles as co-chair of the Energy Efficiency Taskforce and as a Member of the Net Zero Council and she has resigned".

https://www.express.co.uk/news/politics/1795274/Alison-Rose-step-down-Government-jobs

Jacqueline

Sometimes, very rarely these days there is real justice.

Scrumpy

It amazes me how people in high powered jobs, after making a big cock- up, can resign.. Some walk away with big pay-offs and equally big pensions as if they did a superb job whilst at their post.
This applies to those in government too.. 
It matters not to them.. they just retire early.. 
And are replaced by another who can go on to continue the cock-ups..
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

JBR

Quote from: klondike on July 26, 2023, 03:57:13 PMIt just keeps getting better....

NatWest plummets to bottom of FTSE 100 with £850m wiped off value after Nigel Farage row

NatWest has seen £850million wiped off its value since Nigel Farage called for the whole board to go.

Wonderful news.  Well deserved!

Now I want to know which the other banks are.
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire

Scrumpy

Just wondering if I need to take my money out of NatWest.. should they go under..  :grin:
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

klondike

You can safely leave your first £85,000 with them as it is covered by the government banking guarantee. Just make sure the rest goes to other organisations to a maximum £85,000 each but I expect you've done that already.