E5 v E10 Petrol

Started by Diasi, July 24, 2023, 08:44:54 PM

« previous - next »

Diasi

Quote from: klondike on July 27, 2023, 10:12:03 AMI tend to use a quiet supermarket garage and they don't have it. I think it is only the premium blends that are E10 so you need to figure the higher pump price in when doing any calculations. I'd have to go well out of my way to get it too and really cba although it is certainly just another green scam.
I only use E10 because Morrisons is 800 yards away, but I did first check that our car was classed as E10 compatible.

My mileage has been much higher than normal for the past 18 months but will probably fall back now as circumstances have changed, so the difference in price / mpg between E10 & E5 will be insignificant
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

JBR

Quote from: Diasi on July 27, 2023, 10:45:00 AMI only use E10 because Morrisons is 800 yards away, but I did first check that our car was classed as E10 compatible.

My mileage has been much higher than normal for the past 18 months but will probably fall back now as circumstances have changed, so the difference in price / mpg between E10 & E5 will be insignificant
Ah, but what are the gains in using E10?

Other than 'saving the planet' of course!
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire

klondike

Somebody is getting money for production of the ethanol. I'm guessing some of that filters down into party coffers. Plus lucrative non executive directorships for politicians. Maybe brown envelopes too. Whatever occurs follow the cash flow.

Diasi

Quote from: klondike on July 27, 2023, 12:51:19 PMSomebody is getting money for production of the ethanol. I'm guessing some of that filters down into party coffers. Plus lucrative non executive directorships for politicians. Maybe brown envelopes too. Whatever occurs follow the cash flow.
Exactly right, the £multi millionaire funders of climate change activists are financially invested in green energy companies.

The morons who they fund to hold the protests are regarded like 'Andrew the nonce' was regarded by Jeffrey Epstein.

An idiot, but a useful idiot.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]