On Board That Barge.

Started by Raven, July 21, 2023, 05:06:05 PM

« previous - next »

Raven

BBC News - Bibby Stockholm: Onboard the giant barge set to house asylum seekers
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-66270811

Diasi

I bet all the ethnic Brits sleeping in shop doorways & eating fast food leftovers would live in it.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

JBR

Quote from: Diasi on July 21, 2023, 06:03:35 PMI bet all the ethnic Brits sleeping in shop doorways & eating fast food leftovers would live in it.
Second class citizens these days.  For some reason the powers-that-be seem to be really taken with the illegal invaders, though I fail to see why.
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire

Scrumpy

Dorset council will receive 3,500 per occupied bed space.

Additional funding provided to the local NHS and Police.

The council has also received 380,000 in a one-off grant to help support local charity and voluntary organisations provide service on board..

Me thinks the government have too much money to throw around.. They are getting more help then we are.. and they don't have to travel to receive it.. It all comes to them.. !!

Can I book the last two weeks in August please.. I just need to sort out a swimming costume and loads of sun cream..
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

Diasi

The fact that the police will have special funding to police the illegal immigrants speaks volumes.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

Michael Rolls

yes, the government has lots of money to throw around to these illegals - i.e. criminals - and, you know what? IT'S OUR BLOODY MONEY!
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

GrannyMac

Quote from: Diasi on July 21, 2023, 06:03:35 PMI bet all the ethnic Brits sleeping in shop doorways & eating fast food leftovers would live in it.
They might.  But residents won't be allowed drugs or alcohol, similar to most homeless hostels.   Unfortunately some of our rough sleepers have had lots of chances, including social housing, tenancy support, and still they end up back on the street.  I feel those with poor mental health are especially let down. 
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

Diasi

Quote from: GrannyMac on July 21, 2023, 07:14:47 PMThey might.  But residents won't be allowed drugs or alcohol, similar to most homeless hostels.  Unfortunately some of our rough sleepers have had lots of chances, including social housing, tenancy support, and still they end up back on the street.  I feel those with poor mental health are especially let down.
Well the money spent on the barge & the policing of it could be spent on the mental issues to which you refer.
[email protected]

Jacqueline

Quote from: GrannyMac on July 21, 2023, 07:14:47 PMThey might.  But residents won't be allowed drugs or alcohol, similar to most homeless hostels.  Unfortunately some of our rough sleepers have had lots of chances, including social housing, tenancy support, and still they end up back on the street.  I feel those with poor mental health are especially let down.
That is because there is little to no mental health services, people I know who have needed it have been let down and ignored.  The illegals money could be spent on mental health services for British people instead of being wasted.

GrannyMac

I agree. " 'Don't' Care in the community" was a step too far, too many vulnerable people left to fend for themselves.  

The government haven't a clue what to do with the numbers coming across the Channel.
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

Raven

They could stop handing out everything free and giving them shelter. If there was no warm reception waiting they might not be so keen to get here.

Jacqueline

You are dead right there GM, they haven't a clue, they seem to be dead scared of upsetting the dogooders, French, Europe and the rest of the world and don't give a damn about the communities who have them dumped upon them, especially women  who are scared to death to walk their dogs or go out at night, I certainly would be if I had hundreds of these men wandering around my small village out numbering the locals.

That's why the barges should be lined up in front of Parliament and let the illegals have access to their spaces like they expect us to do, see how they like it.

Alex

Michael Rolls

Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

Diasi

You don't even need to ask me that question.
[email protected]