Operation Branchform

Started by klondike, July 20, 2023, 08:20:47 AM

« previous - next »

klondike

SNP crisis escalates as police expand probe to include 'potential embezzlement'

The scope of the investigation will now include allegations of "misuse of funds" and "potential embezzlement".

The crisis for the SNP has escalated even further, as Scotland's chief constable has confirmed that the police investigation into the party's finances has been expanded.

The scope of the investigation will now include allegations of "misuse of funds" and "potential embezzlement", Sir Iain Livingstone confirmed.

Operation Branchform was initially a fraud investigation.

Police Scotland is investigating whether £660,000 raised by the SNP for a second independence referendum was spent on other things.

Speaking to BBC Radio 4's Today programme, Sir Iain said: "It's moved beyond what some of the initial reports were."

Full story  : https://www.express.co.uk/news/politics/1792956/SNP-police-probe-embezzlement

I bet Starmer is rubbing his hands hoping to pick up some of those SNP seats next year on the back of this,

Alex

Ashy

Not all crooks wear hooped jerseys.

Raven

klondike

You surely can't be surprised?
£600,000  raised by public subscription to fund a second referendum campaign.
No second referendum.
No £600,000.
Something that the party treasurer needs to explain but it seems didn't to the satisfaction of McPlod.

Diasi

Good to see that Police Scotland are on top form.

After many months they've reached the conclusion that £660,000 of SNP funds going missing could involve misuse of funds & potential embezzlement & are looking at whether the money could have been used for other things.
Well, Police Scotland, there isn't any £660,000 & there hasn't been a 2nd referendum  :wtf: do you think it was spent on if not other things.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

klondike

They have two prime suspects though. One is a German paedo who a witness swears admitted to him that he did it plus some bloke called Harry Potter known to be armed with a short stick.

Diasi

Quote from: klondike on July 20, 2023, 10:02:22 AMThey have two prime suspects though. One is a German paedo who a witness swears admitted to him that he did it plus some bloke called Harry Potter known to be armed with a short stick.
I'd go for the German paedo & start digging in places in Portugal he frequented as he may have buried it there.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

Raven

Quote from: klondike on July 20, 2023, 09:59:13 AMYou surely can't be surprised?
£600,000  raised by public subscription to fund a second referendum campaign.
No second referendum.
No £600,000.
Something that the party treasurer needs to explain but it seems didn't to the satisfaction of McPlod.

Actually yes I am, I had thought and hoped it was just sloppy accounting on someone's part. I would never have thought Nicola would be involved in anything like this. I only mention herself as I know nothing about the others. Feeling really sick and let down.  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:

As for no 2nd referendum, well that's down to Westminster. :sad:

klondike

Nobody needs to have notes in their trouser pockets. The money was collected for a specific purpose and must have been put to some other use. That may have been stuffing brown envelopes, buying camper vans, or simply using it for general party funding. Whatever use it was put to it can't be for the purpose donors were presumably told it would be used. I have no idea who knew but somebody authorised the money going out of the account.

Diasi

Sloppy accounting is when the petty cash can't be balanced, not when £660,000 can't be balanced. 

And it's irrelevant why the 2nd referendum didn't happen, the money should have been in the SNP funds until the donors could be asked what they wanted doing with it.
[email protected]

klondike

It seems McPlod have been making a bit of a meal of their investigation.

POLICE have revealed the total cost of their probe into the SNP's finances exceeds the allegedly missing amount which is under investigation.  

https://www.thenational.scot/news/23587524.snp-police-investigation-costs-outweigh-missing-600-000/

Unbelievable.

1955vintage

The SNP still wants to be in charge of Scottish finances?
The problem with being retired is that you never get a day off