The Madness of the Court System

Started by Diasi, July 17, 2023, 10:02:34 AM

« previous - next »

Diasi

A man had a restraining order to keep away from his ex-partner but she entered his house through an unlocked door & trashed it but he's been charged with breaking his restraining order.  :wtf: :wtf: :wtf:

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/woman-trashes-ex-partners-house-043200202.html
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

Raven

klondike

There has to be more to it surely?

Raven

Quote from: klondike on July 17, 2023, 11:06:01 AMThere has to be more to it surely?

I agree, it's totally mad otherwise.

JBR

It isn't just our inept government and self-serving civil service, but now it seems also to be our judicial system and in particular local magistrates, who are nothing other than idiots opening themselves to unrestricted derision.

I suppose that, in a country heading for self-imposed ruin, that has to be inevitable.
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire

Diasi

Quote from: klondike on July 17, 2023, 11:06:01 AMThere has to be more to it surely?
Unfortunately not, it's just as the report describes it.

He was told that he should have left his own home even though she was trespassing in it.

It just shows how easy it is for this man, whose female partner appears to have violent outburts, to end up with a restraining if he retaliates, as this bloke probably did.

His ex-partner then stalks him deliberately to cause trouble.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

Michael Rolls

Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

Alex

Raven

He needs a better lawyer, and one who will put the same order on her.

GrannyMac

Sounds right Raven. However, if she is violent, he could have done worse than to go outside his door and ring the police rather than argue with her for 45 minutes.

I'm glad these are not my people, I have lived in communities that verge on feral, fortunately not for long.
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

Raven

Quote from: GrannyMac on July 17, 2023, 12:51:17 PMSounds right Raven. However, if she is violent, he could have done worse than to go outside his door and ring the police rather than argue with her for 45 minutes.

I'm glad these are not my people, I have lived in communities that verge on feral, fortunately not for long.

I certainly would have gone straight out and phoned the police if it were me. :angry:  BUT, I have to wonder why he went out and didn't lock the door. Asking for trouble in my book. Maybe he's learned a lesson from this.  :wink:

klondike

The only way they'd have come round is if he'd said he'd killed her. Then he'd have been nicked for wasting police time.

Raven

True, but the call would have been logged and his lawyers could have used that in his defence in the court case.
Hopefully he's changed the locks now, and uses them.