Anyone Up For Apologising For Getting Old?

Started by Diasi, July 14, 2023, 07:59:01 AM

« previous - next »

Diasi

Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

klondike

The problem isn't that we are buggering the economy it is possibly that the young men are buggering each other rather than impregnating young women. Certainly we, like most western societies, have a too low birth rate to ensure that there are enough working to support those whose work in the past created the society the young inherited and seem hell bent on destroying.

Diasi

Quote from: klondike on July 14, 2023, 08:22:59 AMThe problem isn't that we are buggering the economy it is possibly that the young men are buggering each other rather than impregnating young women. Certainly we, like most western societies, have a too low birth rate to ensure that there are enough working to support those whose work in the past created the society the young inherited and seem hell bent on destroying.
Also the multitude of non-working youngsters & tax credit merchants get more benefits than someone on the old basic State Pension.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

JBR

Quote from: klondike on July 14, 2023, 08:22:59 AMThe problem isn't that we are buggering the economy it is possibly that the young men are buggering each other rather than impregnating young women. Certainly we, like most western societies, have a too low birth rate to ensure that there are enough working to support those whose work in the past created the society the young inherited and seem hell bent on destroying.
No problem.
We are importing people from abroad who are more 'productive' with regard to birth rate.
Our population has already increased from around 50 million when I was born in 1952 to about 70 million today, and for some of that, more recently, we have our uninvited guests to thank.

Personally, I'd have preferred to have mostly white people of Anglo-Saxon stock, but we seem to take what we can get.
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire

1955vintage

I don't care where they feature on the Dulux chart as long as they pay their taxes and put more in than they take out.
The problem with being retired is that you never get a day off

Alex

Quote from: 1955vintage on July 14, 2023, 01:05:05 PMI don't care where they feature on the Dulux chart as long as they pay their taxes and put more in than they take out.

I do, crime rate wouldn't be where it is now if we hadn't imported people from another planet !  Their testosterone levels are higher than the white man - allegedly. :grin:  :grin:  :grin:

GrannyMac

Quote from: 1955vintage on July 14, 2023, 01:05:05 PMI don't care where they feature on the Dulux chart as long as they pay their taxes and put more in than they take out.
And behave in an acceptable manner.  Skin colour isn't the marker. Culture, religion, education are what count.   We've enough home grown bottom feeders who contribute zero (as pointed out by Diasi) without importing more.

Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

Diasi

Quote from: GrannyMac on July 14, 2023, 11:09:15 PMAnd behave in an acceptable manner.  Skin colour isn't the marker. Culture, religion, education are what count.  We've enough home grown bottom feeders who contribute zero (as pointed out by Diasi) without importing more.

I have the same outlook, if my boiler conks I don't care who it is who comes to fix it, black, white, male , female.
[email protected]

Michael Rolls

Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

GrannyMac

Andrew Neil talks about the perceived need for immigrants, we seem to have a much higher rate of working age sickness and disability than comparable places.  https://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-12300653/ANDREW-NEIL-Britains-sick-note-culture-ruining-politicians-no-answer.html
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

Scrumpy

Quote from: GrannyMac on July 15, 2023, 07:31:55 PMAndrew Neil talks about the perceived need for immigrants, we seem to have a much higher rate of working age sickness and disability than comparable places.  https://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-12300653/ANDREW-NEIL-Britains-sick-note-culture-ruining-politicians-no-answer.html
That I do believe.. Many work shy people out there..
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

Jacqueline

Why do we always blame our own?  Once upon a time everyone had a job, even the village idiot did something.  Maggie Thatcher lost the working classes their skilled jobs by getting rid of all of our industry, this was part of us fitting into the EU, she chose banking instead of industry.  This put people who hadn't been unemployed in their lives out of work.  

Whole towns had little employment, any jobs available were minimum wage that people could not afford to live on, they were better off on the dole  so people went on the dole.  Don't blame working class people blame Maggie Thatcher, the EU stitch up and firms taking their work to China.  

Most people I know have jobs, my daughter had to work for agencies for years before she got a proper permanent job, jobs are not easy to find unless you are in a city. People I know have had to go abroad and teach Chinese or Indian's their jobs then come home to nothing. Mining communities had nothing once the pits were closed leading to poverty, despondency, despair and drug use.

Government need to offer people re-training for good well paid jobs and stop importing immigrants who if they are low paid actually cost us. 

Diasi

Quote from: GrannyMac on July 15, 2023, 07:31:55 PMAndrew Neil talks about the perceived need for immigrants, we seem to have a much higher rate of working age sickness and disability than comparable places.  https://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-12300653/ANDREW-NEIL-Britains-sick-note-culture-ruining-politicians-no-answer.html
I've tried, without success it would seem, to explain this point on many occasions.

The ethnic Brits, who live in traditional households with all the associated expenses, can't compete with 30 to a house immigrants who get paid as little as £2 an hour wages.
[email protected]