Will you be answering Brandon's call ?

Started by Alex, July 11, 2023, 02:39:10 PM

« previous - next »

JBR

Quote from: klondike on July 14, 2023, 12:58:53 PMI assume they get appointed by the Church Commisioners to be bishops. Some of them get seats in the Lords. Presumably 26 if you looked it up. I expect if there is reform we'll also be getting 26 immams 26 cardinals 26 rabbis etc. etc.
Yes indeed.

The House of Lords, as a governing body in Parliament, stems from the days when the aristocracy, under the King, actually did rule this country.
It is only relatively recently that the ordinary people have been allowed to elect their own representatives to attend Parliament and decide upon the laws of the land.

I believe that the Lords - with much reduced numbers - should be elected by the populace, if they are to take a part in deciding upon how the majority of us live.
This is a democracy, of course... supposedly.
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire

Diasi

Anyway, back to the topic of the thread.

West Lindsey District Council has won it's Judicial Review application to challenge the decision to use RAF Scampton for illegal immigrant housing.

Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

dextrous63

Fingers crossed that someone wants to show a bit of pride in the UK's history.

klondike

Let's hope the next stage gets won too.

dextrous63

Diasi

It'll be heard by the High Court initially.

I still get emails from Sir Edward Leigh so I imagine I'll find out.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

dextrous63

Alex

Diasi

I hope so.

If it was just a disused RAF base that was becoming derelict then we could, quite rightly, be called NIMBYs but £thousands of council tax payers' money has been spent in plans & consultations to preserve RAF Scampton's heritage & to take it forward as an important economic asset for Lincoln & surrounding area.

To us it's no different, in principle, from closing the Albert Hall for the foreseeable future & housing some immigrants in it.
[email protected]

JBR

Quote from: Diasi on July 15, 2023, 09:11:25 AMI hope so.

If it was just a disused RAF base that was becoming derelict then we could, quite rightly, be called NIMBYs but £thousands of council tax payers' money has been spent in plans & consultations to preserve RAF Scampton's heritage & to take it forward as an important economic asset for Lincoln & surrounding area.

To us it's no different, in principle, from closing the Albert Hall for the foreseeable future & some immigrants in it.
Hear hear.
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire

klondike

Lots of room in the Albert Hall. BBC use it for their ruined woke EU flagged proms but can't see that's a problem as that crowd love the immigrants.

dextrous63

There are loads of shipping containers milling about doing nothing in particular.  These could surely be used as a basic structure and whole new communities built up on wasteland such as Richmond Park

Cassandra

Quote from: Raven on July 14, 2023, 10:23:59 AMThat's him. Sorry I didn't read all the posts, had Dunc talking to me at the same time, kind of puts one off. :shh:

There's another one at it now, The idiot from York, wants the 'Lord's Prayer' re-drafted. For what purpose, anyway you idiot? At the rate their going they'll be non one in a church anyway soon!

Talk about hand on the pulse!

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2023/jul/07/lords-prayer-our-father-opening-may-be-problematic-archbishop-of-york-stephen-cottrell

My little Dog - A heartbeat at my feet ...

Michael Rolls

another bloody idiot with no sodding respect for our traditions
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

dextrous63

Our Father
Other genders are available
Who art in heaven,....

Or maybe..

We shall now say the words that Jesus taught us.  Please note that these reflect the attitudes of the time....

Personally, I can see the Hail Mary being even more problematic😬😳