Will you be answering Brandon's call ?

Started by Alex, July 11, 2023, 02:39:10 PM

« previous - next »

Ashy

Yes, in the medium term France would benefit if fewer chancers tried to make it through that country.

I'm pretty sure our politicians have gone to Micron and just said "Can you make it look as if you are doing something?"

They've made an agreement with someone to take 20 million migrants.

Diasi

The annual cost of the illegal immigrants, at £4,000 per month for each one, would pay for several brand new hospitals, with money left over.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

klondike

Perhaps we should get the Germans to build some shower blocks in the reception centre at Dover?

Diasi

Quote from: klondike on July 12, 2023, 09:35:22 AMPerhaps we should get the Germans to build some shower blocks in the reception centre at Dover?
:upvote: :grin:
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

dextrous63

A trebuchet would be better.  We'd even throw in a free single use parachute.

JBR

Quote from: klondike on July 12, 2023, 09:35:22 AMPerhaps we should get the Germans to build some shower blocks in the reception centre at Dover?
Excellent idea.  'Shower blocks' for the invaders.
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire

Cassandra

Quote from: dextrous63 on July 12, 2023, 05:15:32 AMListening to Richard Tice on GB news last night, and he claimed that under international law the UK is well within its rights to pick up the boat people and return them to France. 

Is this right?  Is it as simple as that?

It is a formative and long established obligation for the UK under international and maritime law to render assistance to persons in distress at sea. Article 98 of the UN Convention on the Law of the Sea 1982 (LOSC) mandates that every member state require its ships "to render assistance to any person found at sea in danger of being lost".

Foreign vessels have a right of innocent passage in a state's territorial sea (up to 12 miles from shore) under article 17 LOSC (above). If passage is not innocent, such as when domestic immigration laws are breached, States can take necessary steps to prevent passage. For seaworthy vessels, this is generally unproblematic. It may be that the UK government expects to rely on some 'closer' iteration of this principle?

But if a vessel determines and justifies that it is in distress, it can enter the state's territorial sea, according to an exception in article 18 LOSC. The duty to render assistance is also still applicable, even where the state believes that migration offences have been committed by those in peril!

France says that a turnback policy would negatively impact its cooperation with the UK. There are no international waters in the Dover Strait, the narrowest part of the Channel, which is divided between the UK and France's territorial waters. France simply may not permit the UK into their territorial waters to 'return' unwanted immigrants?  In these circumstances how could they actually physically be returned, with France refusing us entry into its seaways and the Refugees (claiming loss at sea) would under our obligations to LOSC legislation (see para 1 above) have valid justification to insist upon our protection.

However, what is not clear is to why we accept transfers from French Border Control boats? We could simply refuse to co-operate? This would result in our closest neighbour having to take them back home, or enter our waters illegally to release towed boats etc. Then a scenario appears where the French border control boats won't pick up dirigible occupants in their waters and in high seas the occupants drown. Imagine Wokerati International having those pictures to play with?

Also remember that no-one enforces International Law. It is expected that 'members of the club' will wear their ties at all times. In other words no invigilation should be necessary between Gentlemen. Anyway who would be the bailiffs and the police invigilating judgements? Thus France and Germany in particular ignore thousands of ECHR judgements every year.

Its an enigma to both comprehend and certainly to invigilate - It just won't happen.
My little Dog - A heartbeat at my feet ...

dextrous63

Thank you for that clarification Cassandra.  As you know, the UK seems to be handing out French brethren sums of cash to decrease flow.  The perception is that some of this is being spent buying footpumps for the Gendarmes to use, helping those inflatables get going more speedily!

One can't but wonder if pushing the point and bringing to the fore the concept of quid pro quo.  Maybe that's what Tice's game plan is.

klondike

The thing is Tice won't actually need to produce a working plan. He only has to produce one that his many supporters believe will have a chance of working. The same is true for all opposition politicians.

Those plans only come up against cold hard reality when their proponents achieve office. Now I will vote Reform but I don't for one second expect them to become the government.

The thing to remember is that UKIP achieved its aims without even becoming the official opposition. If Reform can make the others think they will be losing seats because of Reform's involvement rather than just to Reform that may influence the policies of those with a chance of achieving power.

Well it's a hope at least.

dextrous63

I too will vote Reform, on the basis that it can't be any worse than what else will be on offer.

Alex

If all boats are turned back to France, or even better not allowed to leave, eventually the illegals will give up traipsing right through France to get to Calais. ?  Word would filter through it's a futile journey to make....... e v e n t u a l l y  :cool:

I can't find the flying pigs gif !

Cassandra

The UK owns over 6,000 islands scattered all over the place. If we were serious (which neither the Gov't, nor present opposition is) we could create a facility for say 3,000 illegals as a retention model somewhere. Sure its going to cost, but over time would be a cheaper more efficient overall way of deterring these unwanted people,

Also for the UK's creative accounting Hedge funder of a Premier, its construction costs could be incorporated into the Country's balance sheet as an asset, to borrow upon!

There are many who would welcome living 000's of miles from others to staff these centres. Mind you, we would have to ensure WiFi (Satellite link) and hair salons etc. and a nursery block for offspring.

Quite a deterrent too, which is exactly why as a concept it will never be more than that. Tories, Labour Lib-dems and Salad (Green) want borderless immigration, its the Globalist way.

Ashy

A facility for 3,000 sounds good but we have nearly 60,000 in residence at the moment. Part of the problem is that they are waiting years to have their claims considered. The government should tackle the problem from that end too. Maybe recruit some doctors' receptionists to do the job.

Cassandra

Quote from: Alex on July 12, 2023, 11:46:40 AMIf all boats are turned back to France, or even better not allowed to leave, eventually the illegals will give up traipsing right through France to get to Calais. ?  Word would filter through it's a futile journey to make....... e v e n t u a l l y  :cool:

I can't find the flying pigs gif !

No as I reasoned it can't/won't happen and we all know that at the bottom of our hearts!

dextrous63

The Falklands is quite a prosperous British outpost.  Am sure it could accommodate a fair few thousand.