Daft Question

Started by Alex, July 10, 2023, 04:03:59 PM

« previous - next »

Alex

I saw photos of the President' s helicopter and wondered what plane would carry such an aircraft?  Still haven't found out how the helicopter gets here, obs the blades come off  :grin:   but I did learn some facts about The Beast:

The Beast carries medical supplies, including Biden' s blood type.  The armour is 8 inch thick with  5 inch thick windows and doors as heavy as a 757 plane.  Run flat tyres and a night vision system also feature.

It is sealed to protect the president against biochemical attacks and can emit a smokescreen,  produce tear gas, unload an oil slick and electrify its door handles to stop attackers entering.

So there, that may come in handy on your next pub quiz !

klondike

Military transports are huge. They  have to be to get stuff like helicopters to where they are needed on the hurry up.

1955vintage

Still haven't got the steering wheel on the right side.
The problem with being retired is that you never get a day off

Scrumpy

Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

klondike

Did anybody tell him that his mates haven't been active here for years now?

dextrous63

JBR

Quote from: 1955vintage on July 10, 2023, 04:18:24 PMStill haven't got the steering wheel on the right side.
🤣 🤣 🤣

Aye, and they're not particularly good at spelling either!
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire

Ashy

I don't know how a heavy helicopter compares to a tank but a transport aeroplane crashed in Afghanistan when the tanks it was carrying broke free and moved about during take-off. This moved the centre of mass to a point where the aeroplane became unstable.

On a different subject have you noticed  that the people who want us to burn less fuel are rather extravagant with it themselves?

Alex

Yes indeed Ashy, the President' has quite a lot of 'luggage' in tow and he's not the only one. 
Did you read about the Spanish minister rolling up at the EU climate conference on a bike ? She'd left the limo round the corner and cycled the last 100 yards :grin:

Ashy

Quote from: Alex on July 12, 2023, 11:01:15 AMDid you read about the Spanish minister rolling up at the EU climate conference on a bike ?
Indeed I did. What a charade.

They all know this climate stuff is nonsense.