BBQs

Started by Alex, July 08, 2023, 10:31:54 AM

« previous - next »

Alex

We had a BBQ yesterday evening, with the usual burgers, sausages, chicken drumsticks and kebabs, all very nice and the weather was ideal for it.  Salads my DIL buys from the supermarket where there's a great choice.  I make potato salad using a German recipe which goes down well, but it's difficult to get Miracle Whip here which is the favoured mayo to use.    Did you know there are courses you can take in the Vaterland where you become a  'Grillmeister ' :grin: it's serious business over there.

Best cure for a hangover is water of course, but sparkling water really helps  :upvote:

Raven

We often go to, and have BBQs on a Sunday afternoon. I am not keen on the smell of them and it can make me feel quite queasy so when we have folks over I do all the cooking in the kitchen oven, along side making the salads ect ect and take it outside when we're ready to eat.

Michael Rolls

haven't been to a barbie for ages. Our late friends, from whom we bought this house, had them from time to time, and as they only lived about 150 yards away, much wine could be consumed without guilt. Years ago I had a secretary who had returned to the UK after she and her husband had spent many years in California. One thing she said she really missed - the ability to ring friends and invite them to a barbie on two or three weeks time, for who knew what the weather might be like by then?
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

Scrumpy

We usually have one family barbecue over the summer..
The Mayo I buy is  Winiary  Majonez ..  some foreign stuff.. But it is the family favourite.. 
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

1955vintage

My SIL invited us to their BBQ and we watched her sons undercook the meat so we could risk food poisoning. Never again.
The problem with being retired is that you never get a day off

Alex

I think that's Polish Scrumps, if you ever see any of this give it a try.
It's reasonably priced but postage is £12  !!!!