Captain Tom Charity Fraud Investigation - Latest News

Started by Diasi, July 04, 2023, 03:56:13 PM

« previous - next »

Michael Rolls

that is correct - although there had been a few exceptions over the years - the best known was Lord Hawke (1860-1938) who captained both Yorkshire and England, but was born in Lincolnshire
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

Scrumpy

Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

Ashy

Quote from: Cassandra on July 15, 2023, 05:04:43 PMNo Ashy, his constituency is, Southampton was his 'place' of birth, to Indian Parents. Our sad President refers to him as 'Rashi Sanook' - I have an alternative, but it's nowhere near as polite.

These days if they live in Yorkshire.... oh never mind, I didn't mean it seriously. Whatever were Yorkshire voters thinking of?

Cassandra

Quote from: Diasi on July 15, 2023, 10:17:15 PMI think I'm right in saying that it isn't too far back that one had to be born in Yorkshire to be able to play cricket for the county.

Absolutely right, the Yorkies dumped that in 1992 when they signed a 19 year old 'Sachin Tendulkar' - the little master - He played 16 first-class matches for the team and scored 1,070 runs at an average of 46.52.

Way back, many births were planned inside the Yorkshire boundaries by hopeful fathers, due to this rule.
My little Dog - A heartbeat at my feet ...

GrannyMac

Quote from: Ashy on July 16, 2023, 12:06:29 PMThese days if they live in Yorkshire.... oh never mind, I didn't mean it seriously. Whatever were Yorkshire voters thinking of?

Richmond is in North Yorkshire, along with wealthy Harrogate, York etc.  Not too similar to Barnsley or Rotherham.  William Hague used to be the MP. 
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

JBR

Quote from: GrannyMac on July 16, 2023, 07:12:53 PMRichmond is in North Yorkshire, along with wealthy Harrogate, York etc.  Not too similar to Barnsley or Rotherham.  William Hague used to be the MP.
You mean the North Riding of course!
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire

GrannyMac

Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖