Captain Tom Charity Fraud Investigation - Latest News

Started by Diasi, July 04, 2023, 03:56:13 PM

« previous - next »

Ashy

Such a shame, people made donations thinking it was going to heroes only to have it taken by charlatans. It's probably more common than we realise, in the charity sector.

Scrumpy

A woman pretended she was dying with cancer and people gave donations for her to have a last wish.. 
There are so many scams going on..  
Captain Tom was a gentle soul..  His greedy daughter has no shame.. 
I never give to  'Go Fund Me' or anything that I am not sure of..
 My local hospice.. dogs/cats home.. I give.. 
Big charities I avoid.. too many at the top table enjoying the best food..
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

JBR

Quote from: Scrumpy on July 15, 2023, 08:35:25 AMA woman pretended she was dying with cancer and people gave donations for her to have a last wish..
There are so many scams going on.. 
Captain Tom was a gentle soul..  His greedy daughter has no shame..
I never give to  'Go Fund Me' or anything that I am not sure of..
 My local hospice.. dogs/cats home.. I give..
Big charities I avoid.. too many at the top table enjoying the best food..
The only charity I give to is the cat rescue place from where we got our two cats.

Of course, I am a tight-fisted Yorkshireman, and we don't throw our money about.
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire

Ashy

The prime minister's a Yorkshireman and he throws our money about.

Raven

But he's not throwing his money, so he's having a good time.  :grin:

dextrous63

Now his missus pays tax into the UK coffers, you'd have thought he might want to take a bit more care about it.

Ashy

I don't think he's very prudent with money. A poorer man, or even someone who runs a business, might have been a better choice.

That also highlights a problem with banning "second jobs" to MPs.

Cassandra

Quote from: Ashy on July 15, 2023, 11:25:10 AMThe prime minister's a Yorkshireman and he throws our money about.

No Ashy, his constituency is, Southampton was his 'place' of birth, to Indian Parents. Our sad President refers to him as 'Rashi Sanook' - I have an alternative, but it's nowhere near as polite.

My little Dog - A heartbeat at my feet ...

Michael Rolls

Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

Cassandra

My little Dog - A heartbeat at my feet ...

dextrous63

JBR

Quote from: Cassandra on July 15, 2023, 05:04:43 PMNo Ashy, his constituency is, Southampton was his 'place' of birth, to Indian Parents. Our sad President refers to him as 'Rashi Sanook' - I have an alternative, but it's nowhere near as polite.

Well, he looks a bit like a Yorkshireman...
well, from certain Yorkshire inner cities!

(Having said that, I have mentioned elsewhere that my optician, dentist and diabetes nurse, all of whom are excellent people, hail originally (or their predecessors do) from the same part of the world.)
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire

Diasi

Quote from: Cassandra on July 15, 2023, 05:04:43 PMNo Ashy, his constituency is, Southampton was his 'place' of birth, to Indian Parents. Our sad President refers to him as 'Rashi Sanook' - I have an alternative, but it's nowhere near as polite.

I think I'm right in saying that it isn't too far back that one had to be born in Yorkshire to be able to play cricket for the county.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]