Captain Tom Charity Fraud Investigation - Latest News

Started by Diasi, July 04, 2023, 03:56:13 PM

« previous - next »

Diasi

Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

Scrumpy

Where there is money .. you bet there are cheats.. :busted:
Captain Tom raised around 38 million for charities..
Lovely guy..
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

klondike

Quote from: Scrumpy on July 04, 2023, 04:21:07 PMWhere there is money .. you bet there are cheats..
[cough] Camper van [cough]

That appeal certainly caught imaginations and took off. Shame this happened and tarnished it.

Raven

Now I expect through lack of News watching I have this wrong but, was there not some rumour about a daughter and money?

klondike

Alex

Wait till the film comes out, more mega bucks for the family.

klondike

I should be surprised and disgusted but somehow I'm not really.

Alex

She's been told to demolish the pool and spa - according to TalkTV

Diasi

Quote from: Alex on July 04, 2023, 08:20:43 PMShe's been told to demolish the pool and spa - according to TalkTV
The daughter said she was going to build a spa & swimming pool in Tom's memory, but she failed to mention that it was going to be built in her own private garden.

I bet he didn't even know why he had to keep walking round his daughter's garden.

https://tinyurl.com/yc2jswzf
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

Jacqueline

Such a shame that a good man's memory should be tainted by his own family.

Cassandra

Shame the old boy couldn't use it before he booked out, swimming would have been far easier for him than hobbling about on a Zimmer.

Best part is she has had her salary for running this scurrilous activity reduced by the 'Charities Commission' from £100,000 a year to a miserly £85,000. Good luck with collection boxes next year!

The venerable Cap'n no doubt will be looking down thinking how all that walking really helped! I supposed he tried but I found the whole episode at the time, rather sad, verging on the creepy.

Never trust charities!
My little Dog - A heartbeat at my feet ...

Scrumpy

There was scandal about this charity long before the swimming pool and spa came on to the scene.. 
 In most charities there are (people) skimming off the top.. 
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

GrannyMac

I find it so sad that his name is now linked to something underhand.  I think he'd have been so disappointed.  
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

Diasi

What with Covid & her Dad she's had a couple of nice little earners.

Well she's certainly taken heed of the 'charity begins at home' message & changed it to 'charity begins & stays at home'.

https://tinyurl.com/zb83mc36

[email protected]

Michael Rolls

Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]