I'll have the last laugh

Started by klondike, June 30, 2023, 02:58:11 PM

« previous - next »

klondike

I decided to get something on eBay as it was a fair bit cheaper than Amazon and accepted the 5 day delivery mentioned. Seller is (supposedly) in Pontypridd.

Ordered 21st
Tracking...
Thursday 29 June 2023 07:30 Item Received Princess Royal Parcel Hub
Thursday 22 June 2023 07:29 Sender has despatched item

and of course I still don't have it and it hasn't even moved at all on 30th

I got fed up waiting several days back and just got it from Amazon as I suspected he was out of stock and I'd just report it as missing and get a refund - checking his feedback there are several "didn't arrive" complaints.

Then I saw it had turned up at Princess Royal Parcel Hub which is a bit off track for something shipped from Pontypridd. Investigating shows that is a hub used for stuff arriving from China using the Speedpak service. So the cheeky sod is dropshipping from China.

I'll be having the last laugh though because as so often is the case he's used generic pictures and one shows a bit that will not be included as it's an extra so I'll do a "Not as described" return which is an automatic refund. Better yet he may not have a valid UK return address. In the past I returned something to a pretend UK seller with a fake UK address and eventually Royal Mail returned it to me as undeliverable. Even if that doesn't happen he'll have had to pay for two lots of shipping.

Raven

I get really hacked off at the Chinese Sellers on Ebay, I always tick the UK only box and yet there's lots of the Buggers in China. I'm now checking the sellers info before I buy anything and it often shows them as in China, so I don't buy.

dextrous63

I guess it's a bit like scam phone callers who are calling up from somewhere random on the planet, but your phone suggest that they're calling from Basingstoke or Widnes or something.

klondike

I will buy stuff from China although a lot less now than in the past as the saving is less than it used to be. I get hacked off with people taking me for a ride though. I did have some exchanges with him on eBay messaging.

26 Jun 2023
I notice that you still haven't passed this to the courier and you have neutral feedback for failing to ship the same item to somebody else recently. If you want to avoid negative feedback please cancel this order immediately and refund as it is obvious that you have no stock.

27 Jun 2023
sorry for the problem,maybe logistics information is not updated ,we will check it for you ,please wait about 2days patiently.

Yeah right. I'll watch out for flying pigs too. Your feedback shows hat you have form for this.

Today
Hello,
I check your order, we have sent the item via royal mail with the tracking number WCnnnnnnnGB , it showed that "2023-06-29 07:30
Princess Royal Parcel Hub, Item Received."
Could you please kindly be patient wait for it to arrive?
Thank you for your understand in advance.
Hope you can get the item soon.
Best regards

Not Pontypridd then. Being sent Speedpak. You'll be getting a negative for sure you scammer for pretending to be a UK seller.

dextrous63

Klondike, it's come to my attention that you have a virus on your hotpoint oven.  Please turn on your laptop and email me your credit card details (plus your CV number) and I'll have it warm and toasty in a jiffy.

Alex

I ordered a top from a firm called Light in The Box which I knew was in China but I took a chance as not all the reviews were bad.   After a week it still hadn't left the 'warehouse' but they told me to be patient. :smiley:  Another 3 days went by and I had an e-mail to say they had cancelled the order to avoid inconvenience ! a refund would be forwarded soon.

I did get my refund, the annoying thing is the item I wanted is still being advertised by them. I won't bother again...

dextrous63

How did you pay?  Has been known for dodgy dealers to pass such data on.

Michael Rolls

I always use 'sellers only' on e bay
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

dextrous63

How did you pay?  Has been known for dodgy dealers to pass such data on.

Happened to us a few years back.  Paid for a meal out in an Indian in Bolton.  Nice food, nice people, but it turned out they'd cloned ( or whatever it is ) my card details and we had a few small things being paid for afterwards.  Little and often to the point of not noticing.  When I did and totted it up, it was about £100.  Card cancelled and replaced, with about half repaid by card provider.  Keep an eye on the little things.

Michael Rolls

[email protected]

Raven

I check my bank every day through the app. Have done for several years.

Michael Rolls

[email protected]

Alex

Quote from: dextrous63 on June 30, 2023, 09:34:40 PMHow did you pay?  Has been known for dodgy dealers to pass such data on.

I paid through Paypal, which is pretty safe.  I rarely put my credit card number on line and certinly never my debit card.

Michael Rolls

I use PayPal wherever possible
[email protected]

Raven