Farage

Started by Alex, June 27, 2023, 10:06:58 PM

« previous - next »

Scrumpy

Anyone who beats the .. all smiling.. love you all... look at me.. Susanna Reid gets my vote..
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

dextrous63

Quote from: Diasi on June 28, 2023, 07:40:35 AMThey do realise it's us that voted for him &, given the chance, they'd call us tossers & scum as well.
Exactly. So let's name these booers and do unto them.... See how they like it.

Sheila

We are watching Talk TV at the moment and Julia Hartley-Brewer has won an award as well.  I think it was for Talk Radio but I was reading LetsChat so was not concentrating properly!  She is very good but I wish she would slow down because she starts to get her words muddled when she tries to talk as fast as her brain is working.

klondike

Hmmm. I know nothing of the lady but I do know people with the exact oppose problem - their brains don't keep up with their mouths.

Sheila

Give TalkTV a go klondike, you may enjoy it.  I quite enjoy the weekend morning news when Dr David Bull is on with Dr Renee.  Dr Renee has a tendency to check how beautiful she is on the monitor but she is very good especially when she feels strongly about something and goes on a rant.

klondike

I don't watch any live TV. I binned the licence a couple of years ago. 

Sheila

Quote from: klondike on June 28, 2023, 09:34:48 AMI don't watch any live TV. I binned the licence a couple of years ago.
Talk Radio?  It's the same.  We have it on in the car.

JBR

Quote from: dextrous63 on June 28, 2023, 08:10:05 AMExactly. So let's name these booers and do unto them.... See how they like it.
If the booers vote for Labour and the Greens, and are successful in getting such a government, they are the ones who will reap the whirlwind!

That's democracy.  The majority votes for prats = the majority gets what they deserve.

We older ones need not worry too much because we won't be around for long enough to see the final destruction of the country which we once proudly held to be great.

I've just been reading about Brighton and their newly elected Green council.  Parking charges (and others) have been raised so much that most people are avoiding the town and going elsewhere now.
Brighton is now sinking due to lack of income.

The Greens would destroy any place of which they manage to take control.
The answer: don't vote for them!
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire

Alex

Quote from: Sheila on June 28, 2023, 10:34:18 AMTalk Radio?  It's the same.  We have it on in the car.

I like Talk Radio too !  I love Julia HB but you're right, she does talk so fast sometimes.  Then at 10am it's Mike Graham, a no nonsense chap.  If I'm here, I switch to GB New at 3pm for Patrick Christy, then Nigel at 7pm.

Some days I sit in the garden  :grin:  :grin:

GHF

I have just been told,  The Reform Party is registered as a limited company not a political party

It has 3 Directors & a Secretary
Nigel Farage is one
Richard Tice is another

That seems rather unsavoury to me.

Cassandra

Quote from: klondike on June 27, 2023, 10:45:22 PMHe had my vote too.  :yay:

I'm please to say I've never heard of Susanna Reid and didn't recognise her when I googled her.

A very opinionated man hater, up there with Emily 'Mantis' Maitlis, as a lefty Guardian loving, BBC harridan. I too voted for Nigel, but Reid losing is the real trophy!
My little Dog - A heartbeat at my feet ...

JBR

Quote from: GHF on June 28, 2023, 04:16:41 PMI have just been told,  The Reform Party is registered as a limited company not a political party

Nigel Farage is one
Richard Tice is another

I suspect that there will be a good reason for them not, as yet, registering as a political party.
I'm sure that they will do that nearer to the next general election.  After all, that would be the only way in which they could obtain any votes!

Diasi

Quote from: GHF on June 28, 2023, 04:16:41 PMI have just been told,  The Reform Party is registered as a limited company not a political party

Nigel Farage is one
Richard Tice is another

Reform UK is a Private Ltd Company & a political party.

The Liberal Democrats is a Private Ltd Company & a political party.

Labour (Scotland)  was a Private Ltd Company & a political party.

The Labour Party has Private Limited Companies & is a political party.

The Conservative Party has Private Ltd Companies & is a political party.

So I suggest that whoever told you, what they thought was a nice juicy revelation to discredit Reform UK, aren't as clever as they thought they were.

As can be confirmed beyond any doubt by the Companies Act 2006.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

JBR

Quote from: Diasi on June 28, 2023, 08:44:13 PMReform UK is a Private Ltd Company & a political party.

The Liberal Democrats is a Private Ltd Company & a political party.

Labour (Scotland)  was a Private Ltd Company & a political party.

The Labour Party has Private Limited Companies & is a political party.

The Conservative Party has Private Ltd Companies & is a political party.

So I suggest that whoever told you, what they thought was a nice juicy revelation to discredit Reform UK, aren't as clever as they thought they were.

As can be confirmed beyond any doubt by the Companies Act 2006.
Thank you for the clarification, and it wouldn't surprise me if some people do stoop so low as to attempt to discredit Reform.  Perhaps they're beginning to get a bit worried!

Diasi

Quote from: JBR on June 28, 2023, 10:19:09 PMThank you for the clarification, and it wouldn't surprise me if some people do stoop so low as to attempt to discredit Reform.  Perhaps they're beginning to get a bit worried!
I'd like to think so.

I just can't get into the mindset of people who can't see that all the current political parties with MPs are failing.

I want a party that is effective, not a choice between dumb & dumber.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]