I'm hooked already..

Started by Scrumpy, June 25, 2023, 11:05:04 AM

« previous - next »

Michael Rolls

I read almost 100% on my tablet - the gammy arm makes holding a 'proper' book of any size for any length of time uncomfortable. It's also a space saver - I have nearly a thousand books on it - no way would I have room for anything like that number in the house
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

GHF

I'm a Kindle fan too, the one I have now is a Kindle Fire, a friend
took my old Kindle laden with books on a cruise, much lighter
than paper. I started Marie-Britt Was Here, yesterday and
enjoying it.

Alex

Do you have to have a ' kindle' to read books on line, or can you do it on an Android tablet ?

klondike

There's a Kindle app in the Google play store plus other ebook readers. 

A real Kindle is a little kinder on the eyes imo and the batteries run for much longer if that is of any importance.

Ebooks come in various formats and not all readers read all formats. There are programs that will convert them if necessary. Calibre is a good converter that runs on Windows PCs.

Michael Rolls

I read on my i-Pad - the screen is larger and easier to read than my Kindle - oh, and I found the Kindle a bit fragile - two just died - replaced FOC - so I switched to the tablet
[email protected]

klondike

I'm on my second Kindle. The first one just expired but was quite old. The one I have now is a Paperwhite which has built in illumination so if I drop off reading it doesn't mean that there is any mains light on to annoy me later.

I've had no problem reading mine as both font and brightness are adjustable. I find holding it much better than a tablet as it is so light. I guess we are all different. Considering that they are a one trick pony I think they are overpriced especially as Amazon can sell to you direct onto the device.

I started on the Four Winds but it's not my type of book.

Michael Rolls

don't laugh, but on one occasion (I still have one hanging around) when I hadn't had the tablet long, I picked up the Kindle and couldn't understand why I could only find books on it!
[email protected]

GHF

I only have a laptop along with my Kindle Fire and an old Kindle
I no longer download books onto. I also download free books 
from Borrowbox to my kindle fire.  

GrannyMac

Quote from: Scrumpy on June 25, 2023, 11:05:04 AMThe weather is so damned hot I find myself flaked out on the sofa early afternoon..
I started reading  The Four Winds  Kristin Hannah..
Set against America's Great Depression of the thirties and the Dust Bowl, considered to be the worst environmental disaster in American history..

The novel is based on a family struggling with all the misery ...
 The writer describes the dust storms.. the land cracking.. the animals thirsty and dying.. I could feel the dust in my throat..

Sheila !!!!!  .. or any readers out there might like to give it a go..
I've just finished it Scrumpy. I really enjoyed it.  Thanks for the recommendation.
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

Sheila

Thanks Scrumpy, I have ordered it from the library.  I have also ordered Lesley Pearse's latest book which the library has on order.

Ruthio

Four Winds ~ fabulous book 10/10 ✔