Car Insurance.

Started by Raven, June 24, 2023, 08:07:22 PM

« previous - next »

Raven

Has anyone else found their cars insurance has rocketed up?
I didn't receive my renewal from AA so as it's due on the 1st I phoned them. They said it was posted on May 31st and I suppose blooming Royal Mail has either lost it or delivered it elsewhere.  :nooo:
Anyway while on the phone I asked about it for renewal, I almost passed out, it was nearly £200 more than last year.  :angry: Needless to say I told them I was not paying that and she faffed about with the figures and managed to drop it a bit, but not far enough for my liking. Again I said no and just resend my no claims proof.
I went onto Go Compare and nearly all were well below what the AA had wanted, so I got set up with Tesco's Insurance this year for around £40 more than I paid last year. Still I think they are all trying to rip off the customers.  :boo:

klondike

It pays the never accept a renewal. As I mentioned before car insurance is something that attracts a reasonable level of cashback so you could probably have saved that £40 too.

https://letschat.club/index.php?msg=69064

Diasi

Our car insurance increased by £100, but according to the financial media all car insurance has increased significantly.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

Alex

The automatic renewal is a con.  I always make sure I refuse auto renewal, but that didn't stop the RAC from automatically renewing my breakdown service policy and I KNOW I refused it.   Maybe some of these companies think soft old biddies/boys won't notice  ?  :grin: 

Raven

I always refuse it as well Alex, I like to shop around every year to get the best price. But I hadn't had my renewal so I had to call them to see what was going on. I just can't believe they wanted to up it by a couple of hundred and nothing had even changed.