Some sense at last?

Started by klondike, June 22, 2023, 08:43:27 AM

« previous - next »

klondike

School Allowing Children to 'Identify as Cats' Facing Govt Investigation: Report

The British government is reportedly set to launch an investigation into a secondary school after a teacher was recorded scolding two girls who refused to accept that their classmate could "identify as a cat" and that there are more than two genders.

Rye College, a state secondary school in East Sussex, England is facing a government probe following revelations that teachers and school officials are indulging children who claim to be cats or other non-human identities, according to The Telegraph.

The school came under heavy scrutiny following the release of an audio recording in which a teacher at Rye was heard reprimanding two girls as "despicable" for denying that it is possible for a fellow classmate to actually be a cat or accepting the idea that there are more than two genders.

According to the broadsheet, which is most closely aligned with the governing Conservative Party, Education Secretary Gillian Keegan is understood to have launched an investigation into the school. A source, described as close to the minister, said: "Weapons Grades should not be teaching contested ideology as fact. They must have due regard to safeguarding if a pupil identifies as an animal."

While Rye College has received much attention over the past few days in the British press, the issue of schools allowing children to identify as they choose, is not a localised issue, with the Telegraph reporting that other schools have been found to allow children to identify as horses, dinosaurs, and even a moon.

Story : https://www.breitbart.com/europe/2023/06/21/school-allowing-children-to-identify-as-cats-facing-govt-investigation-report/

It seems that finally a line may have been crossed in this children being allowed to self identify. Very late IMO this should have been stopped as soon as it was discovered. I blame the universities for turning out teachers with addled brains.

Scrumpy

I hope the government probe will continue and not be stopped by those crankies  who, I might say, have much power..

Lets go ahead 50 years.. Where are the  'Cat people'.. ?
 Living up alleyways.. breeding litters all over the place.. eating scraps.. !!
All bloody ridiculous..
  They are just kids who like to play dressing up...
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

klondike

Or kids taking one at their teachers. I'd have been well up for something like that. 

I don't care about dogs, cats, goats, moons or anything like that. What I do take issue with is pre pubescent children being given drugs to put off puberty so that they can later have their sexual identity surgically removed and bits of their body remodelled to imitate parts of the opposite sex simply because they say they want to. Apparently some of that done without parents even being notified.

GHF

Quote from: klondike on June 22, 2023, 10:48:19 AMOr kids taking one at their teachers. I'd have been well up for something like that.

I don't care about dogs, cats, goats, moons or anything like that. What I do take issue with is pre pubescent children being given drugs to put off puberty so that they can later have their sexual identity surgically removed and bits of their body remodelled to imitate parts of the opposite sex simply because they say they want to. Apparently some of that done without parents even being notified.
Spot on!

GrannyMac

Completely with you on that klondike. 
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

JBR

I was pleased, and relieved, to hear that the government (who, after all, tends to move very slowly or even not at all!) has finally decided to deal with this nonsensical situation of woke teachers.
I think the teacher involved should get what is coming to her.

Rather than accepting and supporting a child's pretence of being a cat, or anything similar, a sensible teacher should have had a friendly laugh with them and, as I read in a newspaper comment yesterday, should have told the class that as a special treat, the school dinners that day will include the option of Whiskas and Winalot for our cat and dog people!

I think that most adults (with the exception of today's trendy teachers) realise that children are children and like to play games.  I'm sure we've all done it.  But giving them credence does nothing but encourage them to take the pee even more and laugh at you.

Certainly, teachers today are not like the ones I had in the good old days, who demanded respect as all adults should.
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire

Sheila

Children identifying as cats may change their minds if they have to use a litter tray and sleep in the garden, not to mention catching a mouse for dinner.

Michael Rolls

Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

Cassandra

At the school I went to I'd have had a cat of nine tails as a fitting punishment - if I'd have announced I was a feline.

Completely nuts, broken, woke world full of stupid gen 'Z's and millenials teaching children how to be as utterly crazy as they are!

Well done the young lady pupils who held their ground for her sanity. The didactic looney tune should be suspended (preferably by the neck) until she's admitted to Rye Asylum.
My little Dog - A heartbeat at my feet ...