Titanic Tourist Attraction Submarine.

Started by Diasi, June 19, 2023, 05:27:13 PM

« previous - next »

Alex

I wouldn't have got in that boat if they'd given me £200,000.  It's claustrophobic sitting in the back of a car, never mind a small tank.  I do hope they're found in time. 

Diasi

I've been trying to envisage the conversations of the people in the submersible.

Such as the passengers asking the operator if he put new Duracell batteries in the Xbox controller & the son telling his father he'd rather have gone to Alton Towers.

So far as I'm concerned they're all extremely rich people who just wanted to be able to brag about being able to afford it.

The Titanic site is a mass grave & should never have been found & disturbed in the first place.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

Raven

(The Titanic site is a mass grave & should never have been found & disturbed in the first place.)

This is the only bit I agree with, you've been really strange through out this thread.  :hmm:

alfred

I cannot make out why some one would want to see the titanic close up when there are numerous dvd which show what one of those persons has already seen close up many times and why would these people all of whom have plenty of money want to risk their lives going down in a dodgy submarine as one admiral quoted this morning why risk your life in a unsafe  machine which  isn't suitable or the job in any way,

to which  is cramped with limited space.  so what are these people doing    surely common sense would say dont do it,  what are you trying to prove except sadly by now the chances of them being rescued is slim seeing as time is running out , and this sub has little or no safety measures installed ,either,

one man a multi billionaire, the other a millionaire, what were they hoping to achieve, now more people are getting involved in trying in a limited time to rescue them ,lets hope they do,

i would like and hope that they will be rescued but my mind says why did they want to do this in the first place????

GHF

klondike

I can't disagree with that Alfred. Given the money to do anything that isn't something I would have chosen to do. With the current space possibilities I wouldn't do those either.

Scrumpy

If i heard the news right this morning .. There was no back-up should anything fail..
I feel sad for them.. very sad..
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

JBR

I may have mentioned this before, I can't remember, but I read in the paper that a British company have offered their help and possess a RPV which they claim can go down to the sunk submarine (assuming they can locate it) and attach a cable from its 'mother ship'(!) which would then enable them to winch it up.

Just one little hitch.  The Americans won't allow them to participate in the rescue attempts.  🙄

Why?  That hasn't been explained, but I have my own theory.
Should a British rescue attempt succeed, where the great Americans failed, the world-beating Americans would look small, and we can't have that, can we?
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire

Raven

I was wondering that myself, seems they have refused help from several sources.  :boo:

JBR

This denial of help by the US Coast Guard has just been announced on GB News.

One of the presenters was going to suggest the possibility of attaching a winch cable, but unfortunately the 'guest expert' won't shut up...!

Diasi

Quote from: Raven on June 21, 2023, 09:34:50 AM(The Titanic site is a mass grave & should never have been found & disturbed in the first place.)

This is the only bit I agree with, you've been really strange through out this thread.  :hmm:
I regard all those on board as stupid thrill seekers, & it's seems I'm not alone in my view, who are in a situation of their own making.

"The scientist condemned the mission taking place in what he described as an "experimental craft".
He said: "This is not a Disneyland ride. This is Mother Nature. The ocean is unforgiving.
"Everything is opening up to tourists and I fear when there is money involved and profit to be had with thrill seekers out there willing to ante up the money, that is a recipe for disaster."

It's reported that banging noises have been heard, but that could be the submersible being smashed against one of the propellers, as described by the scientist who was in a similar predicament when he went down on a bona-fide valid exploration mission.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

Raven

Quote from: Diasi on June 21, 2023, 12:14:36 PMI regard all those on board as stupid thrill seekers, & it's seems I'm not alone in my view, who are in a situation of their own making.

"The scientist condemned the mission taking place in what he described as an "experimental craft".
He said: "This is not a Disneyland ride. This is Mother Nature. The ocean is unforgiving.
"Everything is opening up to tourists and I fear when there is money involved and profit to be had with thrill seekers out there willing to ante up the money, that is a recipe for disaster."

Sadly you are correct, but I still hope they are found before the air goes. Then I hope there's no more dives.

Diasi

Quote from: Raven on June 21, 2023, 12:17:58 PMSadly you are correct, but I still hope they are found before the air goes. Then I hope there's no more dives.
I hope they are, & then get billed for a few $billion to cover the cost of the search & hopefully rescue mission.
[email protected]

JBR

The 'banging' which has been heard was described as an SOS message (in Morse code).
That, if traceable, might lead the rescuers to its source.
However, even if accurately located, the only means of rescuing the people on board would be to raise the submarine using a winch.
It is not possible to extract the people individually one by one from the submarine for obvious reasons.

Ashy

Perhaps they don't want it found because it's never been anywhere near the Titanic.