Titanic Tourist Attraction Submarine.

Started by Diasi, June 19, 2023, 05:27:13 PM

« previous - next »

1955vintage

This is a tragic story and I feel for the poor buggers on board.

But every time it comes on the News , I hear Ringo singing in the background. My wife says there is something wrong with me. :nooo:
The problem with being retired is that you never get a day off

GHF

Quote from: Raven on June 19, 2023, 06:49:11 PMYou will probably think I'm scaremongering, but I get the feeling this will not be a rescue mission, but a recovery one.
It's just not got a good feeling about it.
I hope I'm wrong though.  :worried:
I agree, it bodes ill for those poor people.
 They may be wealthy but they are human 
just like the rest of us.

Diasi

Quote from: 1955vintage on June 20, 2023, 11:33:56 AMThis is a tragic story and I feel for the poor buggers on board.

But every time it comes on the News , I hear Ringo singing in the background. My wife says there is something wrong with me. :nooo:
Lol. And naming it Titan wasn't the most inspired choice.

Contact was lost an hour & 45 minutes into the dive when it would be very near to, or even on, the bottom so it could have been be a "shut that door" moment, or a catastrophic event, to use the words of a naval diving expert.

I reckon the two Pakistanis were scoping out the possibility of using submersibles to smuggle their illegal immigrants under the Channel & into the UK. :grin: 
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

JBR

Quote from: Diasi on June 20, 2023, 11:49:54 AMLol. And naming it Titan wasn't the most inspired choice.

Contact was lost an hour & 45 minutes into the dive when it would be very near to, or even on, the bottom so it could have been be a "shut that door" moment, or a catastrophic event, to use the words of a naval diving expert.

I reckon the two Pakistanis were scoping out the possibility of using submersibles to smuggle their illegal immigrants under the Channel & into the UK. :grin:
🤣  Oh, how could you?!
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire

Diasi

"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

Raven

It must be so awful for those who are on board, knowing they are very likely to die in that tin can. I can't imagine what they are thinking and feeling.  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:

klondike

If there was some sort of catastrophic failure they are gone already. One thing is for sure - that will be the last tourist trip that runs.

dextrous63

Quote from: Raven on June 20, 2023, 04:54:54 PMIt must be so awful for those who are on board, knowing they are very likely to die in that tin can. I can't imagine what they are thinking and feeling.  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:
I wonder if there are suicide pills aboard, for just this eventuality?  IIRC, Spacecraft used to have them.

klondike

If they do the passengers won't have been told of them in advance,

Diasi

Quote from: Raven on June 20, 2023, 04:54:54 PMIt must be so awful for those who are on board, knowing they are very likely to die in that tin can. I can't imagine what they are thinking and feeling.  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:
Probably what the passengers on the Titanic were feeling, the only difference was they had a bigger tin can.

Well strictly speaking, the submarine is made out of carbon fibre, but the Titanic experience will be the same.
[email protected]

Raven

WOW Just got this in my FB Feed, talk about a "Get out of Jail Free" card. I know it's a business but WOW.  [1060]
No way in hell would I have signed that, but I would never have wanted to go to see the Titanic in the first place. It's a tomb, let the ones there RIP. :worried:

klondike

I don't see anything surprising in that. No insurance company would touch that risk.

GrannyMac

Its horrific, its tragic, but surely anyone choosing to go on this 'adventure' would weigh up the risk, especially if they were taking their child? 
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

Diasi

I wonder if they had to sign an agreement not to eat spicy curries for a week before the dive?
[email protected]

Scrumpy

My granddaughter Hattie was talking about it today..
She is a person who enjoys getting out there and doing stuff.. Zip wires.. cold water swimming etc.. nothing dangerous.. She said that knowing you are probably going to die .. over 2miles deep in the dark ocean.. sitting with your child... is what nightmares are made of.. But what made her gasp was the 200,000 cost..
 I truly hope that if they can not be saved, they died quickly in the beginning..
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..