yet again

Started by Michael Rolls, May 24, 2023, 06:42:30 AM

« previous - next »

Michael Rolls

28 year old Laszlo Dancs, under the influence of drugs and alcohol, driving at 60 mph in a 20 mph limit area, lost control of his car and mowed down and killed 41 year old Olivia Riley and her three golden retrievers. This was a year ago. He pleaded guilty at his trial this week and was banned from driving with immediate effect - so has presumably been driving around for the last 12 months. He will be sentenced on the 28th of July, so will have been free, on bail, for 15 months after his atrocious crime. The judge said that he will 'probably' go to prison.
Words fail me. Probably? It should be certainly - and why wasn't he on remand, instead of free to wander around?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-65682970
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

klondike

They do get far more rights on remand than a convicted criminal and that time gets taken off any sentence. I would have thought that some sort of magistrates hearing could have quickly removed his licence and referred him to Crown Court for sentence.

I do have one question for you on this though - considering no public service seems to be working now why would you expect anything better from the court system? This country is going to hell on a handcart and the sooner the current government is ousted the better. I don't expect Labour to do any better but could they possibly be worse? If they were what then?

Diasi

Quote from: klondike on May 24, 2023, 08:43:47 AMI don't expect Labour to do any better but could they possibly be worse? If they were what then?
Bloody hell, don't thrown down a challenge like that as Labour will beat you hands down.  :grin:  :upvote:
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

klondike

We need an end to the current failed parties. Once they have all demonstrated just how bloody useless they are maybe, just maybe, we'll see a change. Very faint hope but it's the only one I see as having any chance at all. Otherwise we are doomed to swapping one set of useless sods for a different set of useless sods every few years.

Michael Rolls

well., I for one can't see any hope of things getting any better with useless lot, no matter what colour they rosette
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]