Ferrari Says No to All Electric Cars.

Started by Raven, May 14, 2023, 02:17:13 PM

« previous - next »

Raven

At Last, a car manufacturer who agrees with me. :yay: Ok I could never afford a Ferrari, nor would I want one, BUT I was chuffed to read this article. Hopefully more manufacturers will now follow.  :cowboy:

BBC News - Ferrari resists pressure to phase out combustion engine
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/65539880

JBR

Quote from: Raven on May 14, 2023, 02:17:13 PMAt Last, a car manufacturer who agrees with me. :yay: Ok I could never afford a Ferrari, nor would I want one, BUT I was chuffed to read this article. Hopefully more manufacturers will now follow.  :cowboy:

BBC News - Ferrari resists pressure to phase out combustion engine
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/65539880
Good news, an idea which I'm absolutely sure will occur to other car manufacturers before long, when it becomes apparent to even them that the government's pie in the sky ideas would fail embarrassingly, certainly by 2035.
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire

klondike

I'm wondering just how close they dare get to the deadline before calling it off. It looks to be pretty much certain that the infrastructure won't be in place to support the numbers needed for this to work. It really isn't that far away now.

Michael Rolls

the whole net zero concept is an unremitting idiocy
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

Cassandra

The present bunch of misfitted Green, Liberal wets that compose the 'Conservative' Party are Lemmings who wake up every day to find the closest cliff upon from which to jump to their deaths.

In short they'll get more and more enthusiastic towards the madness of nett - zero and will consequently only accelerate towards coalescence with 'Just Stop Oil' and all the other doom-brains as they approach oblivion in the next election.
My little Dog - A heartbeat at my feet ...

JBR

Thinking about this, I believe it is entirely up to the car manufacturers whether or not they decide to stop the production of ICE cars.
As the sales of EVs continues to fall, surely the manufacturers will think again.  After all, if they are not selling cars, they are not making money!

What can the government (Civil Service!) do to prevent people buying such cars?  Fine us?  Send us to jail?

I am confident that their pie-in-the-sky ideas will simply fall apart as we draw nearer to 2030.

Jacqueline

They don't want us to have any type of car even electric really, here in Wales they want you to travel by bike or public transport. Well for one I am too old to ride a bike especially with my knees and two, you could never get to the places you need to go or more to the point get back on the same day by public transport. All the more reason for the ordinary person to live in a 15 minute city while the rich have the rest of the country to themselves.

The latest one from  stupid arse Lammy about tradesmen working in London, plumbers and window cleaners can travel by tube!!!!  With a bloody big ladder and bucket? 3 metre lengths of pipe and a boiler??? Is he insane?  Does the idiot even know what a working man does? and people think the tories are out of touch!!

https://www.spectator.co.uk/article/does-david-lammy-want-plumbers-to-take-the-tube/

klondike

Quote from: JBR on May 14, 2023, 08:31:40 PMWhat can the government (Civil Service!) do to prevent people buying such cars?  Fine us?  Send us to jail?
There are many things that we can't buy legally. It just takes a law to prevent sales.

JBR

Quote from: Jacqueline on May 14, 2023, 08:42:52 PMThey don't want us to have any type of car even electric really, here in Wales they want you to travel by bike or public transport. Well for one I am too old to ride a bike especially with my knees and two, you could never get to the places you need to go or more to the point get back on the same day by public transport. All the more reason for the ordinary person to live in a 15 minute city while the rich have the rest of the country to themselves.

The latest one from  stupid arse Lammy about tradesmen working in London, plumbers and window cleaners can travel by tube!!!!  With a bloody big ladder and bucket? 3 metre lengths of pipe and a boiler??? Is he insane?  Does the idiot even know what a working man does? and people think the tories are out of touch!!

https://www.spectator.co.uk/article/does-david-lammy-want-plumbers-to-take-the-tube/

Absolutely.  Our leaders (government and Civil Service) live on a different planet.
Actually, it would be a very good thing if they did.

One fine day, we'll find ourselves with a competent government who know what they're doing.

May 14, 2023, 09:40:32 PM
Quote from: klondike on May 14, 2023, 09:09:01 PMThere are many things that we can't buy legally. It just takes a law to prevent sales.

No problem.  We'll just buy one on the black market.  By the time 2030 comes along, I expect our illegal immigrants will be pretty well established in that field.

(Hey!  I killed two birds with one post!)

klondike

Car tax? Insurance? Or are you going for the completely illegal rebel look?

Alex

My car tax is due end of May,  £200  !! or £110 for 6 months.  I don't think it was that much last year.

JBR

Quote from: klondike on May 14, 2023, 10:56:50 PMCar tax? Insurance? Or are you going for the completely illegal rebel look?
I honestly think that black-marketeering is becoming the future in this country, encouraged by the thousands (?millions) of illegal immigrants coming here every year.

The country is doomed, sadly, but if you can't beat them, join them!

klondike

With all the ANPR cameras on the roads and every police car fitted with a mobile ANPR camera the chances of getting away with an untaxed vehicle for any length of time are close to zero. Why do you think they stopped issuing tax disks? If it turns out to be an illegal as well as untaxed vehicle it will be heading for a crusher.

I don't see it coming to that though. They will back down on this IMO. Of course they may not in which case if I'm still driving I'll get a new petrol or diesel vehicke before the ban on sales and that will almost certainly outlast me.