teddy bears and dolls,

Started by alfred, April 22, 2023, 05:08:54 PM

« previous - next »

alfred

As children back in the past for many of  us had either a teddy bear and the girls  a  doll ,
although were in the 21st century are these old favourites still being bought and kept in many bedrooms either on a shelf on top of a  cupboard or simply laying on the bed ,

Q; as a child then did you ever own a teddy bear, or a doll, and if so have you a story to share with us 
as a child i too had a teddy bear but every time it was washed  it stretched to twice its length  and eventually faded away into obscurity ,

Scrumpy

We were three sisters.. We had dolls that were our babies and we wheeled them around in doll prams. We also had a handmade dolls house.. Nothing posh.. It had one electric light .. 
My grandchildren had dolls and prams.. and favourite bunnies/teddies.. 
They also had a cart that held many building blocks.. I used to sit them both in the cart and wheel them to the local shop.. Loved it..
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

Alex

I don't remember having a doll or a teddy bear, but I was a bit of a tomboy and preferred a cow girl outfit with guns and a holster.  :grin:  :grin:

klondike

I had two teddies. Little Ted was special. He was a magic Teddy. He used to talk to me. With no brothers or sisters he was a real friend. We had all sorts of adventures. 

One week in my comic was a plastic soldier with a parachute. I decided to make a bigger parachute for little Ted and he parachuted from the landing down the stairs. Disaster. The parachute didn't work and poor Little Ted dropped like a stone. After that Little Ted didn't talk to me.

Alex

dextrous63

Had an Action Man or three for a few years, before progressing onto the 6 Million Dollar Man, with his magnifying eye and arm which worked by a ratchet which was operated by a button sticking out of his back.  Plus his bionic arm had a rubber sleeve on it which you could roll back and uncover the "electronics" underneath.

Scrumpy

I was at a car boot about 30 years ago.. There were some college kids selling their stuff.. One boy had a teddy bear.. I picked up the bear, he wasn't big, he looked at me (the bear) and I just knew..
The boy said he had the teddy when he was young.. The bear had been loved ..
  It had movable arms and legs.. The boy said he was off to University and his mum said he was to tidy his room.. He said to me 'You will look after him wont you'? I replied 'Yes'..
The bear sits on a trunk on the landing.. He sits with a rag doll that I made .. The dolls frock is made out of a dress I wore through my pregnancy with my daughter.. I couldn't possibly part them..
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

dextrous63

morty

I've still got teddies and a few Snoopys [2010] ....as a kid I liked Action Men. I had two. Or should I say they were my brothers. I named them Sebastian, who was a French resistance fighter ... and Chekov, a Russian. I had the diving suit so used to walk them along the bottom ofthe bath filled with water ... and on nice days, I'd take them out into the garden where they could play fight amongst mum's flowers on the rockery. 
Then I grew up ... and they all left home. 

Since becoming an adult and discovering an emotional void ... I began collecting back cuddly beasts and as I sit typing they are looking at me, nodding their furry heads and agreeing with me that I'm mad and have never matured into a sensible adult... and never will.

Diasi

Quote from: klondike on April 22, 2023, 09:24:02 PMI had two teddies. Little Ted was special. He was a magic Teddy. He used to talk to me. With no brothers or sisters he was a real friend. We had all sorts of adventures.

One week in my comic was a plastic soldier with a parachute. I decided to make a bigger parachute for little Ted and he parachuted from the landing down the stairs. Disaster. The parachute didn't work and poor Little Ted dropped like a stone. After that Little Ted didn't talk to me.
Well can you blame him?  :grin:
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

klondike

Michael Rolls

I still have Veronica's collection of teddies, plus a couple that I bought for myself. One (Cassandra will appreciate this) has the legend 'Caught at Lords' on his t-shirt, the other is dolled up as a WW2 fighter pilot.
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]