High IQ ?

Started by Alex, April 18, 2023, 02:19:42 PM

« previous - next »

Scrumpy

Oh No !!   Does that mean that I am not the only one with an High IQ..
  My 5 mins of fame.. gone down the plug hole.. :boo:
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

dextrous63

Quote from: klondike on April 20, 2023, 12:53:25 PMExcept..

If you can work out how many eggs are here you probably have a high IQ?

Asks nothing about how many eggs you can see.
"work out" and "are here" suggests to me that the answer is how many eggs would be needed to make the pyramid.

We need crabby to adjudicate. Except he never knew any of the answers.
Worse than that.  We can only see part of each egg, so it might be fewer that have been cut apart to give the illusion.

klondike

Or as I said way back none because it's only pixels on a screen.

April 20, 2023, 01:16:06 PM
Quote from: Scrumpy on April 20, 2023, 01:08:56 PMOh No !!  Does that mean that I am not the only one with an High IQ..
You got both answers so you are still a star. 

Well apart from saying none which is the real answer  :grin:

Alex

Quote from: Scrumpy on April 20, 2023, 01:08:56 PMOh No !!   Does that mean that I am not the only one with an High IQ..

No it doesn't Scrumpy, it's these bloody fellas always have to dig into things and take too seriously.  You were the only one to get 17  :upvote: well done girl  :grin:

dextrous63

Quote from: klondike on April 20, 2023, 01:14:43 PMOr as I said way back none because it's only pixels on a screen.

April 20, 2023, 01:16:06 PMYou got both answers so you are still a star.

Well apart from saying none which is the real answer  :grin:
So, in the next puzzle, if I wrote down every number going (which, I grant you, might take a bit of a while), would that make me the winner?

April 20, 2023, 02:12:17 PM
Don't suppose this site supports LaTex codes?

klondike

No need for anything like that. Just use crayons. It's all most of us here are allowed these days anyway.

Michael Rolls

it says 'how many are here'. NOT hiw many can you see- so 30
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

dextrous63

It's turning nasty  :nooo: :yay: :yay:

April 20, 2023, 03:26:17 PM
Let's ask a simpler one, to divert attention.

If a hen and a half lays an egg and a half in a day and a half, how many eggs will 6 hens lay in 7 days?  

Here's an emoji of a hen, just to cheer you up. 🐔

Ashy

Where are you getting this half a hen from?

Scrumpy

Morrison's !!!!! Half price..
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

klondike

I was going to say here are two but then I realised....

No eggs from them  :grin:

Alex

Quote from: dextrous63 on April 20, 2023, 02:10:54 PMSo, in the next puzzle, if I wrote down every number going (which, I grant you, might take a bit of a while), would that make me the winner?

Yes  👶

Ashy

klondike

Anyway back to the important stuff...

Quote from: dextrous63 on April 20, 2023, 03:22:58 PMIf a hen and a half lays an egg and a half in a day and a half, how many eggs will 6 hens lay in 7 days? 

Quardrupling to 6 hens we get 6  hens laying 6 eggs in the day and a half allowed. So in 7 days we get 24 eggs and 6 hens part way to producing another egg each. This suggests an error on the part of the questioner to me.

We should have more of these quizzes  :grin:

dextrous63

Quote from: klondike on April 21, 2023, 12:06:07 PMAnyway back to the important stuff...

Quardrupling to 6 hens we get 6  hens laying 6 eggs in the day and a half allowed. So in 7 days we get 24 eggs and 6 hens part way to producing another egg each. This suggests an error on the part of the questioner to me.

We should have more of these quizzes  :grin:

Incorrect logic!!