Alex

Scrumpy

Thank you.. I am all humbled...
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

Michael Rolls

Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

Sheila

Scrumpy, I thought that you had missed Tracey out but see she was at the end.  Poor Tracey, left to the end.

dextrous63

Tracey has returned to the homeless shelter after a hard day of eating sandwiches and sausage rolls donated by customers who saw her in her usual place, in a cardboard box outside the coop.

Ashy

The answer is actually (17+i13) as there must be an imaginary component holding the eggs up.

dextrous63

klondike

dextrous63

We had a mandatory reading course at uni on complex analysis, which involved buying a textbook and, er, reading it.  By pure chance, the author of the book was a lecturer at the uni.  Funny old world, eh??  :boo:

klondike

... and that was for a degree in media studies too ... :grin:

dextrous63

Quote from: klondike on April 20, 2023, 10:26:27 AM... and that was for a degree in media studies too ... :grin:
History of contemporary American Art in fact.  It's been endlessly useful throughout the years. 

Alex

Quote from: Ashy on April 20, 2023, 07:34:49 AMThe answer is actually (17+i13) as there must be an imaginary component holding the eggs up.

It's the eggs you can see Ashy, hence the wording.  A trick  :grin:

klondike

Except..

If you can work out how many eggs are here you probably have a high IQ?

Asks nothing about how many eggs you can see.
"work out" and "are here" suggests to me that the answer is how many eggs would be needed to make the pyramid.

We need crabby to adjudicate. Except he never knew any of the answers.