Re: Beeping beep !

Started by Alex, March 09, 2023, 05:12:27 PM

« previous - next »

Alex

Something is beeping in the kitchenn and I can't make out where it's coming from or what it is.  I've checked the carbon monoxide thinggy, fire alarm, my mobile  :grin:  what can it be any ideas  ? :shh:

March 09, 2023, 05:16:24 PM
Scrub this, I think it may have been the smoke alarm beeping, there's no light on it so perhaps it was a warning that battery was going flat.  Does that happen  ?

Michael Rolls

it did with our previous one. The current one is linked to social services and doesn't make a noise - but you have set me to wondering................
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

Scrumpy

It could be the smoke alarm.. It needs a battery.. It does beep..
Everything needs a battery these days.. My pedal bin is an automatic open.. when anything goes near it.. The lid flips open when I walk pass it.. 
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

klondike

I think they all beep periodically when the battery is getting flat. You'd hear them going off in caravans and the people may well not be back for weeks. You get the same thing with boats in a marina. Can be infuriating if you are next to them. The supposedly flat batteries manage to beep for weeks.

March 09, 2023, 06:50:14 PM
Quote from: Scrumpy on March 09, 2023, 06:25:14 PMMy pedal bin is an automatic open.. when anything goes near it.. The lid flips open when I walk pass it..
What's your best before date  :grin:

I'll get my coat.........

Diasi

Quote from: Alex on March 09, 2023, 05:12:27 PMSomething is beeping in the kitchenn and I can't make out where it's coming from or what it is.  I've checked the carbon monoxide thinggy, fire alarm, my mobile  :grin:  what can it be any ideas  ? :shh:

March 09, 2023, 05:16:24 PM
Scrub this, I think it may have been the smoke alarm beeping, there's no light on it so perhaps it was a warning that battery was going flat.  Does that happen  ?
A smoke alarm will beep every few minutes when the battery drops below a certain level.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

Scrumpy

Quote from: klondike on March 09, 2023, 06:47:56 PMI think they all beep periodically when the battery is getting flat. You'd hear them going off in caravans and the people may well not be back for weeks. You get the same thing with boats in a marina. Can be infuriating if you are next to them. The supposedly flat batteries manage to beep for weeks.

March 09, 2023, 06:50:14 PMWhat's your best before date  :grin:

I'll get my coat.........
:grin: :grin: :grin:

Alex... At least you now know that it's not the Road Runner..
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

Michael Rolls

Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

klondike

Sheila

This happened to one of my daughters.  She eventually discovered an old smoke alarm that she had shoved in a drawer and forgotten about!

Alex

I've got the thing down now and it says battry not replaceable see instruction manual.   :rolleyes:  :rolleyes: it must be faulty.

Diasi

Quote from: Alex on March 10, 2023, 09:34:29 PMI've got the thing down now and it says battry not replaceable see instruction manual.  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes: it must be faulty.
Ones with the fixed batteries are supposed to last 10 years.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

klondike

There will be a date on it. Even the ones with replaceable batteries have a limited lifetime as the sensors wear out - I think they are mildly radioactive which weakens over time. 

Diasi

Quote from: klondike on March 10, 2023, 10:29:19 PMThere will be a date on it. Even the ones with replaceable batteries have a limited lifetime as the sensors wear out - I think they are mildly radioactive which weakens over time.
Yes, the fixed batteries are designed to last the lifetime of the sensor in the case of commonly used ionisation detectors.
[email protected]

klondike

I checked and found I was wrong about the lifetime being down to the radioactive element in them. It is Americium which has a half life way in excess of that where 10 years would make much difference. Google say it is dust which does for them. So for safety don't go disturbing your dust with hoovers or flicking it about with dusters. Your life may depend on this.  :grin:

Alex

I've certainly got loads of dust in this house.  A rather nice fireman put this up for me a few years ago, perhaps a trip to the station is needed ? :cool: